Chapter 10~ Nursery and Shopping

Date: Wednesday May 11th, 2022
Progress: 28 weeks
Outfit:

Nikki and the boys decided to come up and help Tom, mainly the boys, with the nursery while Nikki and I went out shopping for new maternity clothes for me since I'm getting to the point where I don't fit anything

Nikki had initially gave us a lot of hand-me-down things but they were all for boys. We did find some things useful; a cute rocking chair and a dresser.
She gave me some time to get ready while she sat downstairs with the boys making sure they don't destroy the house.
I took a quick shower, changed into a white dress and a blue button up jean shirt, and sandals. I put my hair up in a bun with a ribbon and brushed my teeth and did my natural makeup.
After I sprayed perfume on me, I grabbed my purse and went downstairs.
"Ready Nikki?" I asked her.
"Yep. We'll be back by 3 boys. Behave kids."
"Yes mom." They all groaned, including Tom.
I laughed and kissed my husband goodbye.
"Be careful." He said.
"I always am."
We went out to the car and Nikki got in the drivers side pulling out of the apartment.
"So how was everything at the last doctors appointment?" She asked.
"It was good. She's in transition to where her head is facing down and still healthy as a horse."
"That's good. I remember when I was pregnant with Tom, I thought that he was going to be a girl. I gave birth thinking he was a girl."
"Really?" I was shocked.
Tom had never told me about that.
"Yeah, can you believe it? The OB/GYN even double checked when we were finding out the gender."
"Hm, that's really weird." I laughed.
"I can't believe in a couple weeks my granddaughter is going to be here. I'm so thrilled!"
"I am too. I'm ready to get a good nights sleep."
"How have you been sleeping? Has it been rough?"
"Yeah, Tom has had to massage my back a couple nights, he's even had to bring out the heating pad in 80 degree weather."
"Wow. None of my pregnancies were that harsh."
She pulled up to a mall and parked the car.
Once we got in the mall, the first store we went to was Babies-R-Us.
We got a number of things for the baby; burp rags, blankets, a diaper bag, a stroller, a bunch of outfits, a diaper bag, a car seat, baby monitors, baby bottles, baby bath tub, wipes, baby wash and lotion, breast pumps, and breast pads.
We spent a little over $2,000 just for Nora.
"Alright love, let's go to a maternity clothes store."
We walked to the car and drove to a maternity store and spent $900 on; 4 nursing tops, 2 lounge wear, 2 pajamas, 1 baby shower outfit, 2 maternity stretchy pants, 2 maternity dresses, 5 tops, 3 leggings, and 3 sleep bras.
"Thank you Nikki for taking me out." I said as we were driving back to my house.
"Of course darling. Anything for you and my grand baby."
I smiled at her comment as we pulled up to the house.
We unloaded all the bags and set them in the living room.
"Baby, I'm home!" I yelled throughout the house.
"We're upstairs!" I heard Harry say.
I went upstairs to the nursery seeing it all decorated and waiting for Nora's arrival. I covered my mouth in shock.
"You guys! It's beautiful!" I cried.
They all hugged me and left to go back home so Tom and I could have our alone time.
"So you like it?" Tom asked.
"Like it? I love it!"

"I'm glad you love it

"I'm glad you love it." He kissed my forehead, "did you get everything you needed?"
I nodded, still in shock by the nursery.
"Come on baby, let's go see what you got."
I nodded and Tom grabbed my hand and we went downstairs where all the bags and boxes were.
We sat downstairs folding clothes and unboxing everything for several hours until I started to get tired.