Chapter 8 ~ First kick and can't sleep

Date: Saturday April 2, 2022
Progress: 21 weeks
Outfit:

Yesterday we traveled all day to go home and that was the only trip I could do

Yesterday we traveled all day to go home and that was the only trip I could do. Pregnant women aren't supposed to fly because it puts them in labor early. All Tom and I did yesterday when we got home, was sleep, mainly him. I haven't had the best time sleeping because our baby girl knows how to turn around and push on my bladder every five minutes.
We were currently sitting on the couch watching Modern Family, when I got hungry. I got up from the couch and went into the kitchen and got a bowl then tried to grab the chips but felt a pressure in the middle of my stomach making me stop my actions. It lasted over a second but it felt so weird. Then I remembered that the doctor said she'd start kicking by now.
"Thomas!"
I heard the bowl that was most likely in his lap, hit the ground and his feet patter to the kitchen.
"What's wrong?"
"I think the baby just kicked."
I grabbed his hand and put it where I felt the last one.
A few seconds later the pressure returned and Toms eyes widened.
"That's our baby."
I smiled as he and the baby enjoyed each other's presents.
After a while we went back to watching our show and went to bed around 11:30. I hadn't fallen asleep at all. I was tossing and turning until the clock had read 2:30.
"Darling? Why are you still up?" Tom asked in his sleepy voice that always gives me butterflies.
"I can't sleep."
"Try putting a pillow under your belly."
I nodded and got up, getting a pillow from the floor and putting it on the side of my stomach as Tom put his hand on my stomach and rubbed it.
A few minutes later, I let darkness overcome me.