Chapter 5~ Telling Families

Date: Wednesday February 2nd 2022
Progress: 12 weeks
Outfit:

Today Tom and I were going to tell our parents that we were having a baby and honestly, I'm terrified for my parents because it'll be over video call since I'm in the UK

We had gotten ready around 9:30 because we were going to eat lunch there like we do every month.
I had gotten up around 7 and had some quiet time to myself.
When Tom got up, it was time to start getting ready. I took a shower, changed into my outfit (above), and did my hair and makeup.
While Tom was getting ready, I took Tessa out for her morning walk and I got Tom and I some coffee for our trip then walked back home.
When I got there, he was sitting on the couch watching the news.
"Hey baby, I got coffee." I said coming through the door.
"Awesome!" He got up and ran to me, "I love you."
I smiled too, "I love you more."
"No, that is impossible." He put his hand on my tiny belly. "I love you and this baby more than you two will ever know."
"Stop being gush and let's get Tessa in the car so we can leave."
"Yes ma'am."
He grabbed Tessa's leash and led her out to the car and put her in the backseat while I sat in the passenger.
At the Holland's house...
"Hi my sweet darlings!" Nikki squealed as we walked into the house.
We haven't seen Toms parents since Thanksgiving, so about 4 months. We hugged everyone and said our hellos and all sat in the living room, playing card games while the older boys watched some football game that was on the Telly.
"Your move, Paddy." I said, trying to hide my cards.
"King! Beat that Aunt Hannah!" He laughed knowing he won.
"Dang it! Got me again!"
"Lunch is ready!" We all heard Nikki say from the living room.
Everyone stopped what they were doing and went to the dining room seeing a table filled with greens for salads.
I sat beside Tom who sat beside his dad across from his mum.
Tom put his hand on my leg and lightly squeezed it, letting me know he was about to announce it.
"Mum, Dad, Hannah and I have some big news."
Nikki looked at me with a huge smile on her face. "You're pregnant?"
I nodded my head smiling from ear to ear.
"Oh my goodness! When did you find out?" Harry asked.
"Um, Christmas Eve."
"That's awesome! We're going to be Uncles!" Sam smiled.
"Congratulations Hannah and Tom. I know you will both be great parents." Dominic said, patting Tom on the back.
Everyone went back to eating with maximum conversations about the baby.
"So when are you due?" Nikki asked.
"September 9th." Tom said.
Nikki couldn't help but have a smile on her face the whole time we were there. I couldn't blame her, she was going to be a grandma.
In the car on the way home, I called my parents and told them the news. Mom was super excited and Dad was happy but I could tell that he was a little upset because his babygirl was growing up.
When we got home, it was nearing 5 o'clock. Tom just decided to order takeout and chill for the rest of the evening.