Chapter 4~ First Appointment

Date: Monday, January 10th 2022
Progress: 9 weeks
Outfit:

Today was my first ultrasound for the baby and I think Tom is more excited then I am to have this baby

Today was my first ultrasound for the baby and I think Tom is more excited then I am to have this baby. Already since Christmas passed, he's been looking at gender neutral clothes. I keep telling him that we need to find out the size of the baby first before we do any of that stuff but he won't budge.
Our appointment was at 1:30, so we were able to sleep in a while until 10:30 and get coffee and really just take our time waking up.
When 12 rolled around, I hopped in the shower and got dressed into my outfit, above, and put my hair in a ponytail and brush my teeth. I was done around 12:40 and that gave Tom enough time to get himself together.
He came downstairs dressed in a jean jacket over a gray shirt and black pants with black nikes.
"Ready darling?" He asked coming down the stairs.
I nodded and grabbed the car keys only to have them taken from me.
"Tom!"
"Darling, I don't want to risk anything if we get into a car accident."
"Thomas, I'm pregnant. Not handicapped."
"Still not letting you drive." He said walking through the door.
I rolled my eyes and followed him to the car, getting into the passenger seat.
When we got to the doctors, I had to do a bunch of paperwork since this is my first time being here and we waited what seemed like forever to have my name called.
20 minutes later...
"Hannah Holland?" The doctor called.
Tom and I stood up and walked towards the doctor who simply smiled and lead us towards our room.
"So what's been going on?" She asked me.
"I took a pregnancy test on Christmas Eve and it came back positive." I replied.
"Okay, we'll have to run a few tests to see if that's positive. Do you have to use the restroom?"
"Yes I do actually."
She nodded and handed me a cup with a blue lid on it.
"Pee in this and we'll run the test."
"Thank you."
She nodded and went out of the room while I went to the connected bathroom and did my business, coming back out with a cup halfway filled.
I put the cup on the counter and sat back down on the bed.
The doctor came back in and grabbed the cup and left again then came back a couple minutes later with a huge smile on her face.
"Congratulations Mrs. Holland! You're pregnant."
I smiled and a huge relief overcame me.
"We're going to run an ultrasound sound to find out how far along you are. If you could lift your shirt up and this gel is going to be a little cold."
I lifted up my shirt and she put the blue gel on my stomach and moved the wand around, pressing several buttons on the machine. Seconds later a heartbeat filled the room and a black object appeared on the screen.
"There's your baby." She pointed to the black object. "It seems that your around 9 weeks and everything looks wonderful. And your due date is around September 9th. Would you like pictures?"
"Yes please." Tom said, not looking away from the screen.
She pressed a button on the machine to freeze the image and another to print.
"I'll be right back." She handed me paper towels and left the room.
"It's all so real now." I sniffled.
"It is."
As I finished rubbing the gel off me, the doctor came back in with the pictures.
"I'll see you guys next month."
"Thank you." I smiled.
She handed Tom the pictures, who put them in my purse, and she left.
I threw away the paper towel and grabbed my purse.
"Do you want to go out to eat?" Tom asked.
I nodded my head and pulled the keys out of my purse and got in the drivers seat, waiting for Tom and drove to Chipotle.