Chapter 8

Recap:

Waver Velvet, a mage who fought in the last Holy Grail War was kidnapped by Reines El-Melloi Archisorte. She forced Waver to tell him what happened in the months leading to his time the professor of the old El-Melloi classroom.

After telling her his story she tells him he must pay back the El-Melloi debt, fix the El-Melloi family Magic Crest and last but definitely not least he must become Lord El-Melloi. Waver however Waver requested to be called Lord El-Melloi II leading to where he is now

...

Chapter 8

August 29th 1997

London, England

The Clock Tower

....

It had only been two weeks since Waver met Reines El-Melloi Archisorte and the events that lead to him becoming Lord El-Melloi II. Becoming a lord almost overnight was a huge responsibility and it made the other lords of the Clock Tower furious.

They were the same as Kayneth, they didn't think Waver would amount to anything even as a Lord. Still he wouldn't give up on his promise to Reines.

Furthermore on top of his teaching duties he had been learning from Melvin how to tune Magic Crests in order to fix the El-Melloi Magic Crest. Melvin was ecstatic to help Waver on his quest and he taught Waver and in the last two weeks the El-Melloi Crest went from 10% completion to 10.15%. While it wasn't much he had accomplished more than what the El-Melloi tunner could fix.

Reines told him to keep up the good work as she was looking for ways he could repay his debt. He wasn't sure what she had in mind but he had prepared for the worst. Hunting down dead apostles or even killing a rouge mage. The possibilities overwhelmed Waver who choose to just work on his fundamentals more.

Waver above most things wanted to become a better and stronger mage. Well he also had other hobbies as his doorbell rung forcing Waver to answer the door. If it was Reines or Melvin he couldn't leave them waiting for two different but similar reasons.

He opened the door to see a delivery guy placing a large stack of boxes on his doorstep.

Delivery Guy: You ordered a lot of international stuff Mr Velvet

Waver: What of it

Delivery Guy: Oh nothing really I just wanted to thank you, because of you I've gotten more money to expand the business.

Waver: So my orders will come faster than usual

Delivery Guy: Oh certainly Mr Velvet, I'll give you free fast delivery from now on, I just need you to sign this for me and I'll be on your way.

Waver signed the document and the delivery guy waved goodbye as Waver took the packages inside one by one. He had ordered more than he should have but he had been wanting to try out these new video games.

He had picked up the hobby in memory of Iskandar and he ended up collecting a large amount of games as well. He hadn't expected the amount of games in his collection to get to the levels it did but he didn't mind.

Waver was able to balance Magecraft and Relaxation time easier as he grew older yet he knew with the El-Melloi deal he would have less time to play video games.

He unboxed more video games as he looked to see the spectacular condition they were in. He made sure to order them from reliable sources and so far they haven't let him down.

Another knock at his door, Waver assumed this was Melivin, he didn't want to be teased by Melvin so he quickly put his video games away and ran to the door opening it.