Chapter 21

He never got to see her again at the wedding. The band was surrounded by fans once they finished so they had to be escorted out. Their food had been arranged separately for privacy. By the time Seojun got the chance to break free, Sujin, along with most of the guests, had left.

Which was good because he needed to settle himself before he said anything to anyone. He couldn't make heads or tails of what had happened.

"I like Kang Sujin? Ridiculous. Totally, ridiculous. This would never happen!"

Be that as it may, his heart still acted strangely when he got a text from her asking if he was okay. She was worried about him since Jukyung and Suho were now married. He told her tersely that he was busy and couldn't meet. Then threw his phone away when he realized he actually really wanted to meet her.

It was the first time that I felt that there was someone else who could understand me and understand what I was going through.

Seojun could still remember his irritation when Sujin had told him why she liked Lee Suho. He had resented the fact that yet another girl saw Lee Suho as perfect. How could Han Seojun ever compare to the perfectly perfect Lee Suho? He and Sujin had ten years between them and a shared tragedy with their fathers that Seojun didn't have.

Ah-nee, can't I be someone who understands? Can't she see that I get her too?

"Wait, no. Why would I want her to think I understand her? Ridiculous."

If Han Seojun had to answer the What, When, Where and Why of his feelings, he would not be able to put it into words. His feelings were intense and complicated. Too complicated for even him to comprehend. Which is why the braincell that he shared with Suho decided that he must be mistaken and that he didn't actually have any feelings for Sujin.

"Ah-ne-da. I must have been overwhelmed because of Jukyung. Yes, that must be it. It must be a defense mechanism. I'm only thinking about her to protect myself, because I'm still not over Jukyung."

It made sense. She was the only other girl he was close to in his squad, and they had been hanging out together more than they used to. His heart must have just gotten confused for a moment. Yes, that was it and nothing more.

The group did not meet each other for a while. Suho and Jukyung had gone off to their honeymoon. Suah and Taehoon had their own things. Seojun only met up with Chorong and Co. but his heart was never in those meetings.

He wouldn't meet up with her. She tried texting and calling but he always gave her an excuse.

Why did we start hanging out so much in the first place? He didn't know how or when it had happened, but Sujin had become someone he had come to rely on. And now that he was avoiding her, her absence started feeling like a real loss.

"Seojun, you're not coming to the flower festival?" Chorong asked, shaking him out of his thoughts.

"Huh? What flower festival?"

"Ah-nee, where is your mind these days? You attend it every year! Did you forget?"

Oh right. Seojun always did like to see the flower exhibitions held once a year. He always got flowers for his mother and sister when he went. It may have seemed like a strange hobby for a boy his age. But Seojun unabashedly liked flowers and of course, Chorong and Co. were always there to go with him.

"Of course I'm going to attend. Wae?"

"Sujinnie was asking if she could tag along with us. Suah and Taehoon are not around so she has no one to go with."

Sujinnie? Seojun blinked rapidly. "Ya, since when are you and Kang Sujin close?"

"Waegurae? Aren't we all friends with her now? Did something happen?"