Chapter 16

"Has anyone heard from Sujin recently?" Jukyung asked the group. They were all gathered for lunch, all except Seojun and Sujin, both of whom had been absent these past couple of get-togethers.

"Wae? Has something happened?" Suah asked.

"Not really. But she hasn't been replying as much to my texts." Jukyung pouted.

"You know what Kang Su is like. She's rarely online. Plus, she's working all these jobs now."

"She always replies to me though," Jukyung muttered to herself as she looked at her chat with Sujin. The one Sujin hadn't responded to since four days.

"Is Seojun not coming today either?" Taehoon asked Suho.

"Don't know. He's so busy with brand practice these days that he barely replies to me."

"Guys! Sorry I'm late!" Sujin rushed towards the group.

"Kang Su!" Jukyung and Suah welcomed her.

"We were afraid you wouldn't show up again." Jukyung said, putting her arm through Sujin's.

"Kang Su-ya," Suah said, playfully nudging Sujin's shoulder, "you're all dressed up. Did you just come back from a date?" Indeed Sujin was wearing a sleek black pant suit with full makeup on.

"Who went on a date?" Seojun arrived but stopped when he saw Sujin. Sujin held her breath as she waited for him to say something.

"Our Kang Su." Suah responded. Seojun just flicked a brow but betrayed no emotion. He took a seat besides Suho.

"Ya! It wasn't a date. I just came back from an interview." She grinned.

"Ooh! How did it go?"

Sujin kept her silence for a second before she finally burst with excitement, "I got it!" The girls squealed at the good news. "Its at this non-profit that works with providing clean water to under-developed countries." She showed everyone the website for the company and the work that they did on her phone.

Everyone congratulated Sujin on her accomplishment. Even Seojun gave her a "Congratulations." To which she thanked him.

"I'm glad you're here. I didn't think you'd come." Suho told Seojun.

He wasn't going to. But he had heard that Sujin hadn't been present either and he had figured it would be okay for him to join everyone if she wasn't there.

She should have been an actress, Seojun thought as he watched Sujin behave like nothing was wrong.

The conversation over lunch flowed easily as it usually did. Everyone laughed, joked and shared about what had happened since they last met. No one seemed to notice that Seojun and Sujin were not speaking directly to each other, even once. They only spoke to everyone else.

It was only when Seojun was leaving the men's room that he found Sujin waiting for him and jumped in surprise.

"Ah, ggam-jjak-ee-ya!" Seojun held his chest in shock.

"Aww, the great Han Seojun get's scared?"

"Only when confronted by pervert girls who stalk boys outside the washrooms."

Sujin narrowed her eyes. "Shut up! I wasn't stalking. I was only waiting to talk to you."

"That's equally worrying. What do you want?" He said dismissively.

Sujin handed him a keychain. It was his own face made in cartoon form. "Here. I know how much you love seeing yourself."

"What's this for?"

Sujin cleared her throat. "An apology. Mianhae, Han Seojun. Last time—"

"I don't want to hear it." He handed the keychain back to Sujin. She grabbed his arm as he tried to leave.

"At least hear me out."

"No." Seojun pushed her arm away.

Sujin's lips tightened. She grabbed Seojun's arm again, pulling him with brute strength. "Will you just listen to me you big baby! I'm trying to apologize." She glared at him.

"Why? I thought you hated me."

Sujin's face fell. "I don't hate you, Han Seojun." She let go of his arm. "That time... when you started talking about my father, I just lost it. I haven't actually told anybody about what he did to me. Not even Suah and Jukyung know. All they know is that he was tough on me."

"Lee Suho knows." Seojun accused.

"He figured it out on his own. I never actually told him. How could I?" Sujin felt ridiculous admitting it out loud, "How could I tell him that I don't know what a happy family looks like? I see Jukyung with her dad and Suah with hers and how they have such good relationships, and I can't imagine being the same way with my father. And that makes me feel like a freak. People already give me weird looks because of my parents' divorce. If they knew about my father, they'd think that I was crazy... and maybe I am, who knows."

Seojun softened. "You're not crazy, Sujin-ah."

There it was, that pity on Han Seojun's face. Sujin hated it but she had come today to this lunch only to apologize to him and that is what she was going to do.

"I am, Han Seojun. Why else would I have said all of those mean things?" Sujin's voice shook. Seojun moved to hug her but she stepped away. Him comforting her would be too much, she would fall to pieces if he did. She had to hold herself together, on her own. "I'm sorry Han Seojun. I didn't mean any of it. Not a single word."

Seojun nodded. "I know." He felt like a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders and only then did he notice how bothered he really had been about their fight.

"You guys not coming?" Suho asked as he passed by. Seojun and Sujin straightened themselves up and joined the others.

They found the girls giggling at something on Jukyung's phone.

"What's funny?"

"Ya Kang Sujin, your nose looks so big in this!" Suah commented. Jukyung turned the phone to Sujin. It was the video of the live event they had done.

"Aish!" Sujin said disapprovingly. "I look so weird in this video."

Suho and Taehoon leaned over and laughed too as Sujin robotically read off the comments in the video.

"Maybe we can go Seojun's makeup next." Jukyung suggested.

"I'm a celebrity, Lim Jukyung." He said haughtily, pulling the lapels of his jacket, "You can't just have me on any show."

Sujin wrinkled her nose at Seojun, "This coming from a guy who didn't even know the difference between ppt and fitting."

"That never happened!" Seojun contested. Everyone else laughed.

"Sujin-ah. Maybe I can have you on as a guest next time." Jukyung suggested.

"Sure." Sujin put her arm around Jukyung and whispered audibly, "And let's do it when Suho isn't around." The girls winked to each other.

Suho smacked Sujin's hand away from Jukyung's shoulder. "Keep your hands off my girlfriend."

"Sure. But I can't guarantee she'll keep her hands off me." Sujin grinned evilly. Suho's wide eyed, worried, expression made Jukyung laugh.