Chapter 11

It was unfamiliar territory, getting along with Kang Sujin. More for the group than Han Seojun and Kang Sujin. They all looked at the pair in wonder and shock when Sujin asked Seojun to pass the soy sauce and he obliged. It shocked them further when Sujin laughed when Seojun bragged about being recognized at a department store and being asked for pictures.

"Hey, you feeling okay?" Jukyung asked Sujin quietly.

"Yeah, why?" Sujin replied.

"Nothing. Just asking."

"Hey, what's up with you?" Suho asked Seojun privately.

"What?"

"You're acting all weird around Kang Sujin."

"Weird how?"

"You're being nice."

"Am I not supposed to be?"

"Okay! Who's going to go first?" Taehoon asked the room, interrupting Suho and Seojun's conversation.

They were at Suho's apartment where he had a karaoke machine set up. Seojun had finally relented to visiting their place and it was just as painful as he had thought it would be. The apartment was a mishmash to Jukyung's bright and lively style with Suho's dark and moody one.

The posters of rock bands and Junji Itou's mangas were something both of them shared. It was fascinating how the two of the most caring people in Seojun's life were into such scary things. Seojun saw Sujin eye one of the horror comic book posters suspiciously, as if the monster drawn in them could come out any second.

Chorong sang first, sharing a duet with his girlfriend. Then Taehoon and Suah went next. Duets seemed to be the theme of the night. Jukyung and Suho sang the next song.

"Alright? Who else?"

Sujin was the only girl left.

"Well I'm not going up there." She said when everyone looked at her. She eyed the other boys, all of whom were terrified of her. Even they could still hear Kang Sujin yelling Yah Han Seojun, are you a gangster?!

"Jukyung-ah. Sing with me." Sujin grabbed Jukyung's hand and led her up before she could say anything.

"I'm singing too!" Suah joined.

Seojun went next. His was a solo and he clearly was the best performer. His rich baritone singing in a soft melody made everyone pay attention.

"Isn't it nice to have an idol as a friend?" Suah asked. "Its like having a private concert." Jukyung and Sujin nodded in agreement.

Everyone swayed their heads to the beat, except for Kang Sujin who was noticing the lyrics Han Seojun was singing.

I want to give you all of my days

I want to tell you all these feelings of mine

The sleepless blue winds

Brightly light up this night

He was singing about Lim Jukyung. Sujin looked over to her friend, who was looking longingly into Suho's eyes. The two were entranced by each other, not noticing Han Seojun who stood just a couple of feet away, pouring his heart out.

After all the fun had been wrapped up, Seojun and Sujin had been the only two to stay back. Sujin had helped Jukyung clean up while Suho went to throw out the trash.

As Sujin cleaned the dishes, Seojun sat in the living room, looking at all of the pictures Jukyung and Suho had hung up. He could see how Suho and Jukyung would sit on the very couch he was on and watch TV together or lie around reading books.

He tried to replay those images, with himself there with Jukyung instead of Suho but he couldn't. He couldn't lie to himself about who she belonged to.

"You know, Han Seojun, I just realized something." Sujin called from the kitchen.

"What?"

"You have two hands."

Seojun looked at her like she had lost her mind. "Wow, Kang Sherlock. Your powers of deduction amaze me."

"So, since you have those two hands, and you're a gentleman, why not help me out over here? I assume you would feel bad that I'm the only one doing any actual cleaning."

"You assume incorrectly. I have no issues with you doing all the cleaning." Seojun turned back to the TV and was promptly hit in the head with a dish rag.

"Oops." Sujin said flatly.

Seojun got up, dish rag in hand. Wordlessly, he took out the dishes from the washer and lined them up in the cabinets.

"Aren't you ever afraid that Jukyung will be uncomfortable about you singing love songs to her?" Sujin asked in a low voice.

"What do you mean?"

"That song you sang. My heart is full of you, I'm starting to take after you?"

Seojun eyed her. "She won't know."

"I did."

"Yeah but, you're you and Jukyung's Jukyung."

"So?"

"So..." Seojun leaned closer, "you ranked number two in class for a reason."

"Sujin-ah! I told you I would take care of everything." Jukyung appeared from her bedroom.

"Don't worry about it. Han Seojun helped." Sujin assured.

The pair said their goodbyes to the couple and exited together. Han Seojun said nothing when he started walking his own way, while Kang Sujin turned to wave at him but was unseen. He was too lost in his own broken heart to notice anyone or anything.

She simply sighed, took it as just a Han Seojun thing and started walking in the other direction.