Chapter 18

"YES! I WIN! I WIN!" Seojun ran around the court, pumping his fist in the air as Kang Sujin stared with a flat face and her hands on her hips. After having lost at nearly everything to Kang Sujin, Han Seojun had finally discovered something she was bad at.

"Are you really that happy?" She said, her upper lip pulled up in disdain.

"Ya! How can someone be so bad at basketball? You didn't score a single goal!" Seojun's eyes were wide with pure joy, his cheeks uplifted in a wide smile.

"Stop making fun of me." Sujin fumed. She hated losing.

"I mean, I've never seen anyone lose so bad!" He laughed while pointing at Sujin, relishing in her first defeat. He knew he was great at basketball, but he hadn't expected Sujin to be that bad. Sujin looked away, puffing up her cheeks.

"Zero!" He made a circle from his finger and thumb, "You got zero! I've seen worse players score more on accident!"

"Ah shut up!" She stomped her foot, "I was just off my game!"

"Off your game? Wae? Was my handsome face too distracting for you?" Seojun expected Sujin to come after him with a flying kick, or a punch in the shoulder or even a pithy retort. What he didn't expect was the deep blush that spread across her cheeks. She looked around, choosing to look anywhere but him.

"Oh my God, jinjja? You got distracted by my face?" Seojun moving to look at her face better.

"Ah-nee-godun!" Sujin yelled, dodging his gaze. "Who would get distracted by those mean eyes?"

"Oh, so it was my eyes?" Seojun purred.

"As if!"

"Ooooooh! You're even blushing!" He teased.

"I'm red from playing!" Sujin spun around and walked away, leaving Seojun laughing.

"I'm joking! I'm joking! I know it's not that. Come back Sujin-ah!"

They changed out of their sweaty gym clothes. Seojun was wearing his typical brown coat over black pants and a black turtle-neck sweater. He was ready before Sujin so he waited for her outside.

She came out all dolled up, her hair brushed straight, fresh makeup on her face. She had a white coat over a pretty, pale pink dress. Seojun didn't understand why she had dressed up so brightly today. She even had heels on. Sujin had denied any special reason when he had asked before so he figured this was just a girl thing that he would never understand.

They had only walked a couple of steps when Sujin stopped in her tracks. "Ah, shit. I think I forgot my phone inside."

"Why are you so distracted today? Where is your head, Kang Sujin?" Seojun complained. Sujin ran back inside to get her phone.

"Got it!" She came back running.

They walked over to the café that they frequented to the point where the barista recognized them now.

"I'm sorry we couldn't go to the amusement park like you wanted." Seojun apologized.

Sujin waved a hand dismissively, "Doesn't matter. It was just a throw away suggestion."

"But I understand why you wanted to go there instead."

"You do?" Sujin asked with a tinge of worry.

"Its because you didn't want me to find out you were bad at basketball, didn't you?" Seojun snapped his fingers.

Sujin's face fell. She clicked her tongue in disappointment.

"I'm right, aren't I?"

Sujin replied sarcastically, "Ah, you're totally right Han Seojun. I am so immature that all I care about is winning against a guy who thought Einstein was an appliance."