Chapter Twentysix: The Viewers

When the elevator finally came to a stop, Mono quickly stepped out, and began to make his way through the dimly lit hall as he thought.

Plan A, avoid the room with the TV in it. Plan B, somehow ignore the TV.
Plan C, let everything happen like it usually does and hope for the best.

...

Plan C really shouldnt be an option. Even if me and Six manage to escape, the Thin Man would definitely continued to go after us...

He sighed, and shook his head, before glancing over his shoulder at Six, who was following behind him.

If Plan C absolutely has to happen, I'm going to have to figure out how to get rid of him and protect Six at the same time...

Six suddenly said something, and Mono was drawn out of his thoughts. "What?"

"I said you're being really freaking quiet. You good?" Six asked, coming up to walk directly beside him as he turned the corner.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just... thinking," Mono replied, before walking through the doorway, into an eerie room filled with chairs and motionless patients. He began heading straight for the open door ahead, with Six still walking directly beside him.

"About what? About me? I know I'm super great and whatnot, but you really shouldnt let me distract you," Six grinned. Mono couldnt help but drop the serious act, and snicker.

"In your dreams, Raincoat!"

"Ooh, so I must be in your dreams, too, then."

"That's not what I said!" Mono playfully shoved Six, and grinned, before Six burst out into laughter.

"But you didnt deny it!" Six laughed. Mono rolled his eyes, and tried to hide the remaining grin on his face, before speeding up his pace and approaching the open door.

He carefully slipped through, before looking up at the window nearby on instinct.

Six stepped into the room, and frowned. "Aww, c'mon. We really are going back out into the streets, arent we?"

"Yep! C'mon!" Mono replied, before jumping up and grabbing onto the desk, before carefully pulling himself up. As Six climbed up beside him, he reached forward, and grabbed onto the window, before pulling up on it.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Six begin to help him open the window. As soon as it finally moved upwards with a loud creak, he jumped through onto the wet ground below. Of course, rain was pouring, and he could feel his clothes already beginning to get soaked. He turned to face Six as she jumped down beside him, and he grinned.

"Lovely weather we're having, eh?" He asked. Six rolled her eyes, before reaching up and tugging down on the sides of her hood.

"Lovely. Absolutely wonderful, 10/10." She replied sarcastically. Mono smiled, before making his way down the street. He and Six made their way down the street as the rain poured down loudly. As they walked, Mono noticed a body falling down from a building, and onto the ground below.

Yikes.

He continued to walk, now keeping his gaze straight ahead. He hated the sight of the viewers bodies falling lifelessly from the city buildings. It always made him feel sick. He quickened his pace, and hurried into the building that stood just in front of him and Six. As soon as he was inside, he let out a relieved sigh.

"Why the hell are those psychos just falling from the damn buildings?" Six suddenly asked. Mono hesitated for a moment, before carefully choosing his next words.