Chapter Seventeen: Detached Limbs

As Mono walked into the next room, he heard Six begin to speak again.

"So what exactly are you 'testing out'?" She asked. Mono reached up and grabbed the huge, unnerving stuffed rabbit before pulling it down from the table.

"You'll see!" He turned and grinned. Six raised a brow.

"That things creepy as hell. I dunno what you could possibly want to do with that piece of-" She hesitated, "-Crap, but it better not be stupid."

Mono chuckled as he began walking the way they came. "Its not stupid, I promise. I... noticed some x-ray pictures on the wall, and it looks like the stuffed animals have bones, and-"

Six came up to walk beside him as he neared the x-ray, and interrupted him.

"So you're just going to see if it has bones? Mono, that's stupid." She scoffed. Mono sighed.

"No, I want to see if theres a key inside." He replied as he sat the creepy plushie behind the x-ray. He turned to see Six staring at him with a confused expression.

"Why would there be a key inside...? That makes no sense." She asked, before crossing her arms and tilting her head to the side.

"Well, it felt heavy-ish, and it felt like something was inside. And, as I was trying to say before, the x-ray picture also shows that a keys inside." He wandered over to the lever, and jumped up, before pulling it down. Of course, as he expected, the x-ray revealed the key inside of the creepy rabbit plush.

"Huh. I swear, I'm either stupid or your weird enough to understand this weird place." Six sighed. Mono grinned, before wandering back over to the plush and picking it up.

"Well, you're certainly not stupid, so I'm probably just weird," He chuckled, before making his way out of the room and heading towards the nearby elevator as Six trailed behind him.

"Took you forever to realize that," Six snickered. "Anyways, where exactly are we going now...?"

"Well, we're going to find a way to get the key out of this thing. I figured something on the lower level could help," He explained. Six raised a brow, but didn't ask any further questions. He stepped into the elevator, and turned as Six stepped in beside him. The doors shut, and Mono waited patiently as the elevator descended.

As soon as the doors opened again, he stumbled out and made his way over to the cremator. He hoisted the rabbit plush up, before tossing it in. He turned to see Six studying him with a confused, yet thoughtful expression on her face.

"Why're you looking at me like that?" Mono asked hesitantly. Six shrugged.

"Its just weird how you know where basically everything is and exactly what to do, I guess. I know you've been here before, but yeesh."

Mono felt a shiver run down his spine, and he froze up for a second, trying to search for a response. To his relief, Six turned away, and eyed the cremator.

"So what exactly is this..?" She asked.

"Y-you'll see," Mono replied quickly, before clearing his throat to prevent his voice from shaking. He turned, and jumped up, grabbing onto the lever. As soon as he pulled it down, the cremator door shut, and a fire lit up on the inside of it. Six flinched, and stepped back as a bone-chilling screeching was heard, seemingly from inside of the cremator.

"Jesus Christ!" Six exclaimed. "What the hell was that sound!?"

Mono merely shrugged, and watched as the door opened again. He climbed up and carefully crept into the inside of the cremator. As expected, the key was now laying in a pile of ash. Mono carefully picked it up, and put it away inside of his jacket, before jumping out.