Chapter Twentyone: Just a Nightmare

Sixs POV
_________________________________________

Six found herself sitting in an empty, white space that seemed to stretch on forever. The only thing there other than herself was a familiar music box. Feeling drawn to it, Six cautiously stood up and approached it, before reaching out and brushing her fingers against the handle. As soon as she touched it, her surroundings changed from the white space to a terrifying sight within the Signal Tower for just a milisecond. She saw the wall of flesh, the crumpling platform, and, most importantly...

She saw Mono.

She flinched away as her surroundings returned to white, and she stared at the music box in both confusion and fear.

"You know, curiosity killed the cat." A chilling voice rang out. Six gasped, before whirling around and examining her surroundings.

But no one was there.

Feeling a chill run down her spine, Six turned to face the music box again.

"What was that...?" She whispered. She then reached towards the music box again, but this time, she gripped the music box and held on. Her surroundings changed again, and she took in the terrifying sight.

She was staring at an interesting scene. Mono was running down a breaking platform that stretched across the room, and she saw herself sitting on the other side of the platform. She watched as Mono jumped towards the other side once the ground beneath him finally broke entirely and began to fall into the dark abyss below. Six flinched as she watched herself turn and catch Mono by the hand, just before he fell into the darkness. She noticed Mono look up at her, and then she heard him begin to speak.

"Six! Pull me up, quick! We need to get out of here!" He yelled. Six watched herself begin to pull him up, before stopping. She noticed the dull, cold look in her own eyes.

"S-Six?" She heard Mono stammer. Sixs stomach began to twist with fear, and she suddenly felt sick.

Then, she watched herself let go of his hand.

She wanted to cry out, or do something to stop the scene unfolding in front of her. But she couldnt move, or speak. All she could do was watch in terror. Her gaze suddenly shifted down to the music box that she still held onto, and as tears rolled down her face, she tore her hands away from it. Her surroundings changed immediately, and she found herself back in the white space. She fell to her knees, and covered her face with her hands.

"That wasnt real. That wasnt real. It's just a nightmare." She whispered to herself.

Then, footprints echoed throughout the white space. Six scrambled up to her feet and turned to see a terrifying, tall man with grey skin. The man stared down at her as he stopped only a few feet in front of her. Six felt rooted to the spot as she trembled.

Then the mans form suddenly shifted, and within moments, he had become Mono.

Mono stared at her with a look of hatred.

"You werent supposed to see that," He snapped, before thrusting his hand out towards her. Six felt a burning sensation, before her eyes shut, and she fell to the ground. Just before she faded out of consciousness, she heard Mono speak again.