Chapter Eighteen: Demon Hand

Mono carefully slipped underneath the shelf, and hurried towards the next. He could see movement out of the corner of his eye as he ran, and the pitter patter of goddamn fingers echoed through the room. He quickly jumped up, and pulled himself through the next shelf, before landing on the other side and looking around. He took a few steps forward, and braced himself.

Suddenly, as expected, a hand came charging towards Mono. It crawled across the floor on its fingertips like a spider would. Mono ran to the side as the hand threw itself onto the spot he was standing before.

"Jesus Christ!" He yelled, before grabbing onto the edge of a cart up ahead, and pulling himself up onto the top of it. As he turned to shine the light on the hand below, he heard Six yell in the distance.

"The hell was that??" She yelled. Mono hesitated for a moment.

"Uh- it's best I dont say!" He called back. He didnt want to worry her, especially when she hadn't wanted to be on her own on the other side of the door. He looked back down, and glared at the hand below. It just sat there, waiting for him to jump down on the other side. He sighed, before carefully turning, and bracing himself. He counted down in his head.

1...

2...

3!

He jumped down and dashed towards the next shelf, trying to be as quick as possible. There was no way in hell that he was going to succumb to a demon hand. As soon as he reached the shelf, he grabbed on, and began climbing at a quick pace. He made it about halfway up when he heard a familiar, sickening crack from below. He glanced down, despite knowing what he'd see. Of course, the hand was still pursuing with ease.

Millions of loops have gone by and yet I still have no idea how that thing can follow me if it doesnt have eyes. Or how it can climb. He thought with a frown. He then finally reached the top of the shelf, and slid into the nearby vent. He crawled through the vent hurriedly as his heartbeat quickened. Behind him, he could hear the hand following.

He quickened his pace, before finally reaching the end of the vent. He pushed the vents door open, before stumbling out, and tumbling down onto the ground below. He quickly scrambled up to his feet, and began running down the hall. Above him, he could hear the hand banging against the walls of the vent.

Mono then made a sharp turn, and entered the next room without slowing down. As soon as he reached the shelf at the far end of the room, he hears the hand plop down onto the ground right behind him. He flinched, before quickly climbing up onto the shelf, and slipping through some space at the top to land on the other side.

As soon as he saw the hammer nearby, he shoved his flashlight into his coat and dashed towards it hurriedly. Once he reached it, he quickly picked it up by the handle, and turned to look around. The only thing allowing Mono to see without having to squint was the dim light of a nearby fuse, but otherwise, it was hard to tell where the hand had gone in the darkness.

Then, suddenly, the hand crawled out from the space underneath one of the nearby shelves. As soon as it approached him, Mono swung the hammer up over his head, and swung it back down in an attempt to crush the hand underneath it. As soon as the hammer came into contact with the hand, a sickening crunch was heard. Mono cringed, and watched as the hand fell limp for a moment. Then, the hand jumped back up, and scampered underneath a nearby shelf again.

Mono tightened his grip on the hammer as he backed away and stared at the shelves expectantly.

As soon as the hand scrambled back out, Mono swung the hammer up over his head again. The hand tensed up, and began to jump back, but its reaction had been too late. The hammer slammed down on top of it, and another crunch was heard. Mono cringed, and watched as the hand turned and fled back underneath a shelf.