Chapter Nine: The Library and The Cafeteria

Six carefully hopped down from the shelf she stood on, and looked around for a moment. She caught sight of the nearby ladder, and hesitantly approached it.

I hope creepy lady doesnt hear this. She thought as she began rolling the ladder to the right. She paused for a moment, and listened. No shrieks. No footsteps running towards her. Relaxing a bit more, Six continued to roll the ladder along until she got it in the perfect position.

There. Now I can just climb up, and be on my way.

She climbed up onto the empty bookshelf above, before hopping down onto the top of some lower shelves. She quickened her pace as she made her way across it. It wasnt until she knocked over one of the books that she broke out into a run.

"Oh sh-" She started to speak, but a horrifying screech was heard behind one of the bookshelves, and the creepy women's head suddenly popped out. Six let out a terrified scream as the creepy woman's neck extended and she gave chase. Six climbed up onto the top of a higher bookshelf briskly, and held back another scream as the creepy woman's head slammed into the side of it.

Six continued to run forward, until she saw space between two books on the bookshelf in front of her. She quickened her pace, before sliding between them. The creepy woman let out another angry screech as she slammed into the shelf. Six stared out between the books in fear. Her hands were shaking, and once again, she was wishing Mono was here still.

Shaking her head, Six turned and exited the bookshelf through a gap between a few books. Ahead of her, she saw massive piles of books looming overhead. Drawing in a sharp breath, she jumped, and grabbed onto one of the piles. She felt it sway a little, and she shut her eyes for a moment. Once the swaying stopped, she opened her eyes again, and listened. She could hear footsteps drawing near.

She carefully climbed to the other side of the pile, and stared ahead at the next. She readied herself, before jumping. When she made it to the next one, a few books fell from the very top. Six heard a terrifying growl coming from behind on of the nearby bookshelves. She watched in horror as the creepy woman's head came into sight. As quickly as possible, Six climbed to the other side of the pile so that she would be out of the creepy woman's line of sight.

Her heart was beating loudly in her chest as she waited. By now, she was incredibly tired from all the running and climbing. She almost wanted to give up. But her fear was one of the only things keeping her going, and right now, she was terrified.

Six let out a sigh of relief once the creepy woman's head retracted, and left her line of sight. Six climbed down the stack, before jumping for the platform closest to her. Once she landed, she huddled behind a pile of books and waited for the creepy woman to leave into the next room.

When the woman left, Six hesitantly crept out of her hiding spot, and eyed the shut door.

I need to get in there, but how? She wondered. She took a moment to look around the room.

Bingo.

Six spotted a box full of books nearby. She ran over to it, and grabbed the very edge of it, before pulling.

Heavy! Why is it so damn heavy!? She thought amidst her annoyance as she dragged it towards the door. As soon as she got it close enough, she let go, and sighed.

Six then climbed up on top of the box, and jumped up. She grabbed the door handle, and pulled it down. With a quiet creak, the door swung open, and she let go.

Jeez, its really dark in here. Six thought as she looked around the hallway. The only thing illuminating the area was a single overhanging lamp. Moving forwards, Six broke out into a run.