Movie Night

Summary:

Hizashi came over for a movie night and things didn't go as expected.
Notes:

Hello everyone! Another chapter! Please feel free to leave feedback for me. It really boosts my motivation as I get burnt out very easily 😕 Reminder that this fanfiction has Selfharm and suicidal thoughts.
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
Hizashi arrived at Aizawa's place exactly ontime, knocking on the front door of his apartment. "Yooooo, Aizawa! Open up!" He called out after not getting an answer for a minute or so.

Shota was sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette hoping that if he just didn't answer the blond would just leave. But instead, the blond persisted. He got up after flicking off the last of his cigarette and putting it out.

As he went to knock again the door surprisingly opened, getting a whiff of smoke. "Jesus, Sho!" He coughed a few times into his elbow deciding not to ask about the smell; partly because he knew what it was, and second because he didn't want to risk Aizawa getting pissed; or atleast more than he already seemed to be. "May I come in?" He asked having a bag in each hand.

"I suppose..." Shota mumbled before letting him inside the apartment "You brought alcohol, right?" He sat down on the couch "I'm running low."

Hizashi looked around the place "Ah, just I expected. A mess" he grinned teasing the male; though the place was quite messy if he was being honest. Plus it smelled like alcohol and cigarettes, which wasn't too bad but he wasn't the biggest fan of those scents. He set down the bags on the coffee table plopping down on the couch beside the dark haired male. "Yup!" He reached over into one of the bags pulling out two six-pack cases of beer.

Shota reached over to open the case, wanting to grab a beer.

"Ah, Ah, Ah!" Hizashi waved a finger in his face "No drinking on an empty stomach! I brought snacks, Sho!" He smiled as he then reached into the second bag pulling out all sorts of chips and snacks. "Got popcorn, too!"

"Fine, I'll eat. But only because that's the only way you'll let me drink." He crossed his arms, almost in a way pouting.

Opening a bag of chips, Hizashi laughed. "Ah, buddy! See, I missed this!" he tilted the bag in Shota's direction, "Eat." He commanded in more of a joking manner.

"Don't tell me what to do, Mic." Shota said, reaching into the bag a eating a couple chips. "Now, let me have a beer."

Hizashi chuckled "Damn, not even a please for your old buddy?" He shook his head pretending to be disappointed before grabbing Shota a beer. Handing it over he asked, "Got a movie picked out?"

Shota grabbed the beer standing up and going to the kitchen to grab a bottle opener. "No." He replied, just loud enough for Hizashi to hear. "It was your idea." He sat back down on the couch taking a swig of his beer before setting down the opener on the table.

Grinning, he grabbed the remote. "Ah, thought so." he and put on My Neighbor Totoro "Sorry if it's a bit childish," he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I'm a big fan of studio Ghibli."

Shota shrugged "Not like I care." He said quietly.

Hizashi sighed "Of course you dont..." He mumbled, wondering if he did something wrong those two months ago at that bar, causing Aizawa to be more upset at him than usual. He couldn't remember any specific moment other than the mention of him wanting to propose to his girlfriend. But noo, could that really be the reason why he was so upset? He never even answered his question about being the best man. "Hey, Sho?"

Shota, already halfway through his beer looked up annoyed. "Yes, Yamada? I thought we were trying to watch a fucking movie here."

He chuckled nervously "Haha, sorry..." he rubbed his neck again. "It's just that, you never accepted my request for you to be my Best man." "I mean, uh... that is if she says yes." "Which I'm hopeful she will!"