Zed was fully aware that this was bad, but he still pushed the door open and walked inside. 

Upon getting in, Zed turned his body and bit his gum. He pushed the door to close quietly. But his face's color changed into myriad of colors when he turned his head to see a man staring at him.

Standing in front of another door, a man in his 30's was staring at Zed with an unreadable expression.

Zed gulped. He was debating whether he should run away or spat an excuse. Spitting an excuse and lying was Aeiou's expertise, Zed was about to turn and ran when some faint words came out of the other man's mouth.

"I have to get home to my son." The other man stated.

Zed squinted. Obviously, the apartment he was barging in was where Aeiou was living. 

The other man slowly walked towards Zed's direction as the subtle light coming from a lamp then reflected on that man's face, giving Zed a better outlook on his expression.

This man's eyes were blank while his gait were that as same of a drunk guy.  It didn't take a genius for Zed to realize he was sleep walking.

A sigh of relief then came out of Zed's mouth.

"I need to get to my son." 

Zed immediately locked the door behind him and stopped the other man. Clasping his hands on both his shoulders Zed directed the man to the sofa beside him. "Your son is well-asleep in his room. Don't worry."

"Really? Um... who are you?"

Zed froze. What should he say? That he was Aeiou's friend? What is a friend doing inside another friend's house in the middle of the night? Zed gulped, then, out of the blue he said, "I'm Aeiou. I'm your son. Come here, lie down."

 Now, he did not care whether he was lying like Aeiou.

The man laid gently on the sofa and said, "You look more handsome today, Aeiou. You're really now a grown up. Do you still get nightmares?"

Zed smiled. "I still do. But someone is helping me with it."

"Who?"

"A friend."

"Hmm... such a nice friend." The man snored and slept.

The arms of Zed then ran through the back of that other guy and flipped him to face the ceiling in a more comfortable position. 

Zed immediately walked back to the main door and tilted the knob a few times to make sure that it's locked. 

With a final glance to Aeiou's father, Zed looked down and shook his head. In his mind, he spoke, "Sorry for barging in your house for months. I just couldn't behave myself when I think about what kind of place your son is living in. I promise this will be the last night." Zed strolled to the other room where the father was standing. He waved a curtain and slowly pushed the wooden door.

The glint of light coming from a broken glass  glazed on the back of the room's owner. His arms were slim yet lean, and his skin was the brightest shade of gold. The moonlight was reflecting the tan complexity of Aeiou's back.

Zed pushed and locked the door behind him. He walked gingerly to Aeiou's bed and sat on the side of Aeiou's bed where Aeiou was facing.

Zed leaned close to Aeiou's face and whispered. "Hey, stupid. Are you awake?" 

No answer. 

"I guess not. I've been going here for months now and you never woke up once. I wish you'd caught me and talk to me again. Even if it means you getting angry. Most people would be scared if they found out what I have been doing, but you wouldn't. You're never scared of me."