x

"I apologize for contacting you unannounced, master. I know you're busy with an assignment, but, I believe this is incredibly important." Riona stood in front of her communicator, arms crossed as she looked up at the hologram of Obi-wan Kenobi.

"Well, considering you hardly contact me on the off chance you'd have to face Anakin, I thought it had to be a matter of importance. Especially taking into consideration that you were chancing a conversation with your arch nemesis." He'd hummed teasingly, smirking at the woman.

"I just- I have a bit of a bad feeling, master." She'd frowned, the older man's playful manner subsiding as he stood a little taller, brows furrowed. "What do you mean 'a bad feeling', Riona?"

"Nala Se came to me early in my training sessions, and said she wanted to add another new squadron to my list of trainees. Obi-wan, this new squad. They're all genetically enhanced, and none of them look like Jango Fett." Her voice wavered a little, gently turning the carving of the lion in her hands.

"What kind of genetic enhancement? Do you know their abilities yet?"

"Each man is different, master. One has heightened senses, like an animal. I sense a presence coming through the force and he can hear their footsteps through the blast doors. Another has, I don't even know what to call it. It's like his brain is a massive database, he knows everything. He knew that I was sent to Kamino to check for suspicious activity, Obi-wan. How could he possibly know that?" Her speech had begun to quicken, no longer keeping a steady and proper tone like she normally did while speaking with a council member.

"Now, Riona, no need to panic. Let's keep our minds level, and think calmly. Maybe he heard you speaking with Master Fisto?" He'd offered, the woman shaking her head. "I've never seen these cadets before, master. I would remember passing them in the corridors, especially considering one of them is nearly twice the size of the others."

"I'm sorry, did you say the clone is larger than the other clones?" He asked, eyes having widened at the woman's words.

"Yes, Master Kenobi. He's significantly taller than the others, and he's incredibly strong. This cadet is also very childlike, with almost no sense of self control." She sighed, running a hand through her ponytail. "The last one, he is incredible with a blaster. I gave them weapons this evening, and he hit every single target perfectly on the first try, while the others fumbled around. These cadets, I'm almost afraid of their capabilities."

"You should not give them that power, young Orion. Focus on your duties, train them like you would any other squadron. If you feel any trouble arising, contact me, and I will be there as quickly as possible. If need be, I'll have Cody and this battalion, as well." He gave her a reassuring nod, Riona taking a deep breath in an attempt to recenter herself.

"Yes, Master, I will." She'd bowed somewhat. "And, if possible, I'd like for this to stay between you and I. Just in case I've made a misjudgment on the purpose of these cadets."

"Of course, this will be our little secret." He'd nodded, offering a small smile.

"Thank you, Obi-wan."

"Any time, my dear."

——»»»»☆««««——

"Let's go, Tech! Get those targets shot down." Riona called out, working with the Odd squad again. While she had Tech and Wrecker working on weapons, Hunter and Crosshair were working on hand to hand combat. She'd looked over just in time to see the thinner man get thrown over Hunter's shoulder, his back colliding with the mats.

"Way to go, Hunter." Wrecker called out, getting a look from his general, the man offering a sheepish grin before turning back to his task. She'd hummed, turning back to the other two, Crosshair incredibly grouchy, and Hunter not even breaking a sweat.

"Hey, Crosshair, why don't you take a break? I'll spar with Hunter for now." She walked over, taking her boots off before stepping onto the mat.

"Woah, General, um, I'd love to, but- I don't hit women." Hunter frowned, brows furrowed as he watched her approach.

"Why, afraid you'll lose?" The woman offered a sweet smile, head titled to the side.

"I'll give you my bunk if you beat the Jedi." Tech called out, his bunk the furthest from the window and door in their quarters. This would make it just that much easier for Hunter to sleep soundly with his heightened senses.

"Alright, fine. But the lady gets the first move." He muttered, shifting to push his chin out, causing Riona to smirk.

"Oh honey, you have no faith." She'd purred, landing a hard right hook to his jaw, the cadet stumbling backwards. All eyes were now on the two, Hunter letting out a low growl. "It's on, now, princess."

"Show me what you got, pretty boy." She teased, dodging the left hook he'd thrown, as well as the right, the man grunting.

"Go, General!" Wrecker cheered, jumping up from his position on the ground. Riona didn't let it distract her, though, unlike her opponent.

"Shut up, 'ya big galute!" Hunter shouted, allowing the Jedi an opportunity to dip down and sweep his feet out from under him. "Hey!"

"Hey yourself, sweetheart." She hummed, moving to pin him. Her knees were pressed to his hips and she held his hands above his head. "Surrender yet?"

"No, that was too fast." He huffed, bringing his knees up and catching her in the lower back, shunting her forward. As she let out a yelp, he'd successfully thrown her off, but she'd used the force to help herself catch balance.

"That was rude." She pouted, kicking her leg up and pressing her foot flat against his chest, gently pushing and using a bit of the force to send him stumbling backwards. He'd barely managed to keep himself from falling back, but when he'd caught his balance, he ran at her. She'd let him grab her, though used his arm and his own momentum against him, successfully throwing him over her shoulder and flat onto his back.

"Damn," he'd breathed out, the wind having been knocked out of him on impact.

"The general won!" Wrecker had ran over and scooped the woman up, hugging her close and spinning as he laughed. Tech had made his way to his brother, standing over Hunter and looking down at him.

"There was only a small probability you'd win. I suggest you work on keeping your temper at a low level and focus on what your opponent is doing. Learning their fight and movement patterns would help to greatly increase your chance of winning."

"Shut up, Tech."