Ch9 - Company.

Y/N's POV

Coffee was now made for the both of us - Tim choosing to have his black, whilst I had mine with far too much sugar due to attempting not to use a spoon by pouring it in. I definitely regretted it now the coffee was ruined, but it probably wasn't going to stop me doing the exact same thing later.

"So, Y/N, is everything okay? You look a little pale," he commented with concern.

I nodded. "Yeah... Er, I think the television is broken though. I turned it on last night and it was all screechy static," I explained between unpleasant sips of coffee.

He nodded. "Oh, let me have a look at it, I'm sure I can get it working. My TV used to break all the time."

I nodded and guided him to the room, gesturing to the television. It was quite old, one of the boxy types of televisions, but I didn't mind what it looked like so long as it worked. After all, it did come with the place, so I didn't exactly have to pay for it.

Tim knelt down, trying to push the variety of buttons with no success. He then rotated the television to its side, examining the multicolored cords. "You said you heard static when you tried to turn it on?" He let out slowly, as though something were suspicious.

"Uh, yeah. It was pretty loud too." I watched as he examined it.

"Well, I don't mean to be rude, but your tv is fucked. Looks like the cable was chewed off by rats or something. There's no way this thing could have turned on," he let out in a matter-of-a-fact tone.

"Oh..." I let out as he showed me the cable in question. He was definitely right about it being broken. I sighed. "Must've been a dream, then. Sorry to concern you," I let out dismally.

He chuckled. "It's fine, it happens. Hey, I think I actually have a spare one of these cords - I had a tv just like this one but got it replaced ages ago. I'll bring it over next time I visit, see if it works," he hummed.

"That'd be lovely," I hummed gently. It was just nice to have some company with the craziness of everything that was happening.

I then moved to begin cleaning the two used coffee cups. A soft ringing of a phone filled the air, and before I could check my phone, I heard Tim answer his in a soft voice. Clearly it had been his phone, not mine.

After a few moments, he looked to me with an apologetic expression. "Hey, I know I said would stay the night, but it sounds like a friend of mine really needs my help with something. Is it alright if I just drop by tomorrow instead? You can always call if you need me," he let out.

I nodded. "Yeah, that's fine. Hope everything turns out okay."

"I'm sure it will. Bye for now," Tim hummed as he left. I waved, my hand covered in a layer of bubbles.