Chapter 35

Miles's POV

"Welcome back... baby."

This is awkward.
He was looking intently straight into my eyes.
I am avoiding his gaze because I know I made the biggest mistake.

"Cade, can you just let Zee go? He has done nothing wrong."
Madam let me bring Zee here to keep me safe but put him in danger instead.

"Is that guy your fucking buddy there?"

"Cade! Why are you saying that? You know I won't cheat on you. How could you ask me that? You are being too much."

"THEN FUCKING TELL ME WHY! Why the hell did you hide? We were fine that day and suddenly you were just gone. I am so tired of thinking about what is lacking from me. I already imagined you having a fucking buddy there as the worst-case scenario. And the fact that I still want you back even after thinking that is killing me. I don't get why you can't obey me before about not going to NZ but you just easily let them kick you out from the program. Is that how crazy you are to him? Why? Is he that huge?"

I slapped him.
That's too much.

"I am sorry, Cade."
I held his face. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. "

"Sorry comes after admitting your mistake. What did you do?"

It flashbacked to me again.
The pain after finding out about my miscarriage. It still hurts so much.

"Don't be mad at me. I am so damn scared that time. I will totally understand if you'll hate me because believe it or not, I hated myself too. I still do. I think I won't be able to forgive myself." I started crying again. The pain returns.

"Then tell me. While I am waiting here for you feeling pathetic and such, you are there having fun with someone. Do you know how fucking miserable I would feel? To still be wishing that hopefully, you get bored with that guy and return to me because I will still accept you. That's how stupid I am." His voice cracked.
"Why did you do it? What is so wrong with me?"

"It's not that Cade. I am not ready to tell it yet."

"I am all ears. I have expected the worst so I am prepared already."

"I passed out that day. When I woke up.,."
My tears won't stop flowing.
"They said I am nine weeks pregnant." His gaze shifted to my stomach. "But Cade, the fetus was dead. We need to remove it. I underwent an operation. I killed it."
My knees weakened. I knelt in front of him holding to his legs for support.
"Our baby was dead even before we met him. I am sorry."
I slowly looked up to see how would he react. He is emotionless.
"I am really sorry."

He walked out and rushed to the room.
I knew it. He will be disappointed in me.

"aaaaaaaaAAHHHHHHHHH!!!"
I heard the scream from inside.
"FUCK IT."
The next thing I heard is him breaking stuff inside our room. He is knocking everything nonstop.
I thought I have moved on already from this pain but everything flashes back to me. I just wait for him to let it out. I know how painful it is. 
I've been sitting here on the couch for an hour. I can still hear him sobbing.

I heard a buzzer from the door. It was Bruno so I opened it. At his back is Cade's parents. I am not ready to face everyone yet. I bowed in front of them. I don't know what to tell them.
"Cade is in the room, sir."

They walked straight to the room. "Honey, let me enter, okay?" He twisted the doorknob. "Shit. What happened?" His papa Kai looked at me.

I can't say it by myself.

They both entered the room.

I just let them talk first and waited.

This is what I am afraid too. To let his family know. I followed them inside.
"I'll call someone to clean the room up." Sir Cole announced.