Chapter 20

Miles's POV

"If you see Cade with another woman, would you be jealous?" Luke asked me.

"If he is not doing anything with that girl, why would I be jealous?"

"We have a friend. She just arrived from Canada. You'll be okay if we bond with her, right?"  Luke has been annoying me since yesterday. He was intentionally testing my patience.

"Go ahead."

I just asked Cade to come to their house. I know he is going to choose me over them though.

Luke keeps mentioning the girl Neri and I am so done with it.  I grabbed the keys from Cade and went to the hangout place. I am so pissed, not with Cade but with his friend.

He followed me to the place and it made me proud of him. At least I know who my boyfriend wants to be with.

"I love you." I kissed his forehead.

"I love you so much." He replied to me as I expected.

Luke called him. We already planned to go to their house. His best friend is a real example of an asshole. Don't he get it?

We saw him waiting at Cade's car.

"Stop with what you are planning. Don't involve him in all your shitty plans. I won't be jealous over a girl."
I whispered to him.

"If you say so." I pushed him to the car. Let's see.

"She is already coming," Luke told us when we are already in Cade's house.

"You are not funny anymore, I am going home." I didn't expect that he will literally call that girl to come here.

I walked out of their house.
"Where are you going?"
I almost forgot that Mayka is already working here. He was switched to Sydney's position.

"I am going home."

"Did Cade hurt you?"

"No, Mayk. His friend is pissing me off. I need to go home before Cade's family see me explodes."

Cade followed me. He assures me that he is not part of any Luke's plan. Even if his friend is just joking, I don't want to see Cade with another woman. Cade has been telling me since the beginning that he is mine.

Here comes the girl Luke is talking about. She is pretty and all. I saw Cade staring at him, more like asking her existence. I don't even like the idea of him looking at that girl. It's annoying the hell out of me. 'Breathe, Miles. That's not flirting, that's just plain staring,' I reminded myself.

Until we both agreed to stay for dinner. Aside from Luke, the way that girl smiles at Cade is making me uncomfortable. I think sir Kai noticed it too that's why he told her that I am the boyfriend. I gave her the clue already by sitting on my boyfriend's lap.

If Cade is in my position, I am sure he is already fuming with rage too. He is too calm today.

I just asked him to send me home. I am so pissed already. I don't like being played like this. I stepped inside my house. Cade broke my phone because I made him mad too. I am not going to apologize. I have no fault here.

"What happened? Why are there Elites positioned on our house?" Mayka is taking his shoes off. He has the option to stay at their barracks, but he chose to rent an apartment for me.

I checked the window. "I don't see anyone."

"They are working for Cade, they are trained to be invisible. I can feel them though."

"Wow, so you have this power. Nice, Mayk."

"Stop fooling around. Why?" Mayka sat in front of me.

"Maybe because we fought earlier. He broke the phone." I told him.

"Do you really like Cade or is he just pressuring you? You can tell me everything. You don't need to force yourself to like him. I can help you, okay?"

"Before, I believe I just have no choice, but I fell for him now and it sucks."

"Will you be okay? I don't want to intervene with your love life. I just want to tell you that no matter what your decision is, I trust in you and I will always be beside you."

Mayka is the best brother.

"I will, Mayk. Don't worry about me. If I can't do it anymore, I know when to stop."

"Good job. Sleep now. It is late already."

It is awkward to sleep without Cade calling first. For weeks of being with him, I became used to his call every night.

What a waste of phone. He can just keep it, why does he need to break it?

I woke up early. I'll leave before Cade arrives to pick me up.

When I walked out of our door, I was stopped by two guys who popped out from nowhere. They are familiar to me. They are from MSU. Why would Cade pick these guys to guard my house? They have classes too. I pity them. Because of me, these guys probably stayed awake to guard my house.

"You can't leave yet. Sir Cade is already awake and he told us that he is going to pick you up." One from the senior class warned me.

"Drive me to school then. I am not going to wait."

"You can't, Miles."

"Trust me, I can. Stop me then." He grabbed my arm. "Did Cade ask you to stop me by force too?" He let go.
"Now inform Cade that he doesn't need to come here because you are driving me to school."
The guy grabbed his phone and informed Cade.

"Let's go." Cade agreed I guess.

Luke is already in our room when I arrived.

"Hey, did you two fight?" Now, he sounded worried.
"Neri is just my friend. Come on, I thought you won't take this seriously."
I think he is now nervous. I just ignored him. Prank or not, I am so done with his childish acts.

Cade arrived. I continued reading my book and ignored him.

"Luke." He called his best friend's name angrily.

"Hey, Cade." Luke greeted awkwardly.

"Everyone get out NOW!" His voice echoed in our Economics department. "NOW!" Everyone was startled by his growl. All of them stormed out of the room.

I am not going anywhere.

Luke was about to get out too. "Stay here, fucker. I think you are enjoying this much."

"Cade, you know this is not my plan." He explained.

I am just listening and pretending to be busy reading at the same time.

My heart almost jumped out when I saw on my peripheral how Cade kicked Luke's chair causing him to stumble down.

"Do you think I have time for jokes like this? Since when did I allow anyone to intervene with my life?"

"Cade I was just trying to..."

"Ruin us?" Cade continued.

"That's not the plan. I am just teasing Miles. I didn't think that it will cause this much." He argued.

"Teasing who? With whose permission? Do I look like a joke to you? Do you think I am playing?"

I was about to stand up. I am so done listening to them.

"Stay there." Did he just yell at me?

He grabbed Luke's shirt. "The next time you'll mess up with us, I'll make your life a living hell. Mark my words. I don't joke around. Take this as a warning." He pushed him one more time.

I avoided his burning gaze.

He stood beside me and put a paper bag on my desk.

"What's this?"

"Your breakfast. You left home early."

A/N: I am torn between continuing the surrogacy line or making this mpreg. I have already asked this on Twitter. I will listen to what my readers want for now. Let me hear the majority's voice.