Chapter 6

Miles's POV

(Acquaintance party)

I was trying to get a taxi. I just want to go home so bad. Cade is so annoying. I just found out that he is the son of Sir Kai. So it is his family who is paying for my tuition. I bet he knew it, that's why he is treating me like a beggar.

"Miles."

Mayka's voice was so loud.

"Why are you here? I am planning to go home. This party is boring."
I only want to talk to Syd but he hurt me earlier. I just can't believe he did that.

"Sir Cade asked me to send you home safely. Let me just get his car."

"He did what? Are you kidding me?"

"Nope. This is an order from my boss so I am going to send you home no matter what. Stay here, first."

Why did Cade ask Mayka to send me? Is he worried about me? Because if that's the case that would be funny. The Cade I know wouldn't care about me.

When we reached home, my brother just assured that I am safe and returned to the hotel.

That party could have been perfect if only I got the chance to talk with Sydney.

I was lying on my bed when I tried to open my phone. I was surprised to see 32 messages and 14 miscalls and they are from different numbers. What the hell?

"You are beautiful, 2million. Deal?"
"Name the price, honey. How about I bring you to my home?"
"How much?"
"I have a hotel near your school. I can give you a unit if you'll be my wife?"
"How about this? Is this good for your hole?" (He sent a picture of his crabsticks)

What the hell? Where did they get my number?

My phone rang and I immediately answered it.

"Yes?"

"You are Miles, right?" He asked nervously.

"I  am actually from the school near MSU, can you...?"

I didn't let him finish what he is about to ask.

"Where did you get my number?"

"It was in an app for gays. It is posted that you accept money in exchange for a night. If that is really your picture, then you really look good."

Wtf. Since when did I post my picture in an app?

"Sorry, but I never posted anything. Can you please send a screenshot to me?" I asked him. He sounded nice and polite.

I received the screenshot he sent me.

Miles of MSU here. I need cash for my school expenses. Place your bid now if you wanna be my daddy. Here's my number 09********.

 Here's my number 09********

"Got it?"

"This is me but I never signed up for this app. I didn't post this one. How would I report this? I got tons of messages because of this."

"I am sorry for calling you too. I just want to be your friend. Meet me up on Monday. Let's see if what can we do about the post. I'll start reporting it first."

"Thank you. Your name again?"

"Call me Earl."

"Miles here. Thank you."

I dropped the call but the messages keep coming in. Only Cade can do this to me. He hates me so much. It can be his friends too. We are just talking earlier about Erwin's offer to me and he told me that I was cheap. It must be the reason why he posted it in that app. I need to hold it in because I don't want my brother to be affected by my feud with Cade. He is evil.

The whole weekend, I was just busy replying to all messages begging them to please report the post. I am so depressed already but I can't share it with Mayka. My brother is overprotective of me ever since. His dream is to be an Elite and I don't want him to know what Cade did to me.

It was the start of the week again. I saw his face and I just wanna kick him. Breathe. Inhale. Exhale. Ignore him, Miles. I keep reminding myself.

Lunch came and I was bombarded with dirty messages again. They know everything about me. I went to the rooftop to cry. I cried my heart out. I can't take everything they are saying to me. The post even spread and reached Facebook. How would I face my parents and Mayka? What if Sydney believes that I posted that one?

I returned to the room and saw Cade and Luke laughing. They must be feeling a sense of satisfaction because they successfully ruined me.
Cade hates me because I am poor. He thinks of me like a leech. But Mayka is working hard in exchange for this because he trusts me. This scholarship is one of their benefit for being a member of Elite. How can Cade hate me this much?

I don't wanna breathe in the same air as Cade. I need to skip class for a while because every time I see him I just wanna punch him so hard so that his annoying smile can be erased in his face.

I received Earl's message asking me to meet with him. I hope he can help me with this. He asked me to meet at seven. I still have my free time to study in the coffee shop nearby. 10 minutes before our meeting time, I went to the place. I was waiting patiently for him at the spot. Why did he choose this place? I can sense something bad about this location so I just decided to leave the place.

"Where are you going, babe?"

This is the same voice I am talking to last Friday. This is Earl. But...I didn't imagine him to look like this. He was so tall with a lot of piercing and tattoos on his face. I have nothing against it but the way he looked at me is giving me chills. My heart is beating so fast. I got scared more when I saw three more guys on his back.

"I thought..."

"You thought what? Now let's talk about your price. You are Cade's toy, right?"

"What? No! We are not even close."
He is walking slowly towards me.
"Stay there. Don't...don't...don't...please don't come close." My voice cracked as I begged them.

"Don't worry, honey. That would be better if you are not Cade's, you can be mine then. How about we have a little fun? Don't worry we have the money too." He grabbed my arms and slammed me on the wall. He held my nape and tried to kiss me but I managed to kick him on his balls. I ran so hard and reached the very dark alley. I don't know where I am running but I just keep going. I won't let them touch me. When I saw the end of the alley, I was relieved but unfortunately, there is no one around. Fuck! Until I saw a red sports car, I was ready to stop him whoever he is but unfortunately, it was Cade's. I saw him stepped out of the car. If an apology is what he wants from me, then I'll lower my pride and give it to him. I just want these to stop. I just want to finish school quietly. I'll just ask Mayka to send me back to the province. I can continue studying there.

I can feel my knees shaking and I just need to hold onto someone or else I'll collapse.

"What happened to you?"  He asked me.

I let out a deep breath.
"Please...I am sorry, Cade...tell them to stop now..."

"What are you talking about? Can you calm down?"

I heard the loud footsteps at my back. They found me.

I cannot breathe. My vision became blurry. Before I blacked out, I heard Cade's voice.

"Get them." I am not sure who is he talking to at first. I saw some guys, Elites probably showed up out of nowhere.
"You are safe now, Miles."
I don't know but I felt security through his voice. I felt his warmth when he wrapped his arms around my body. I just closed my eyes and everything went black.