Chapter 9

Miles's POV

I got up early to attend school. I haven't finished my assignment because of last night's event. Sydney just told me that I am like a younger brother to him while Cade keeps telling me that I belong to him.

I belong to myself and not to anyone else.

I went to the school an hour earlier.
I finished all my assignments at my desk after an hour. We are almost complete in the room aside from Cade. He is not usually late I wonder what happened to him.

"Where is your boyfriend?" Luke asked me. It is weird for him to ask me as if I really have a boyfriend.

"Why would you ask me? I don't know where Cade is."

"See? You are really boyfriends for real now. Where can that guy be?"
Luke is talking nonsense.

Cade entered the room angrily and slammed his stuff on the desk. He is giving me a heart attack.

"I went to your house to pick you up. Why did you leave without me? You should have waited." He yelled.

"Why would I wait for you? I left early because I am not done with my papers yet."

"That is why I asked you to do it yesterday with me."

"What is your problem? Why do you keep on yelling?" I yelled back. He thinks he is the only one who can raise his voice here. Well, newsflash, I can too.

"You should have texted me."
Why the hell would I report to him my plans in life?

He took a sandwich from his bag and hand it to me.

"What is this?"

"You are not stupid, aren't you? Sandwich. Does it looks like a chicken to you?"

"I mean why are you giving it to me?" Our classmates are staring as if they are watching a tv series.

"For you to eat." His voice softens up.
"Mayka told me that you haven't eaten your breakfast yet because you left early."

I just accepted it and put it on my desk so he can shut up. He was looking at me as if he is waiting for something.

"What?" I asked.

"Eat up, Miles. The class is about to start."

I just eat it awkwardly in front of him.

"Water, now." He asked someone at our back.

Eli, one of our classmates, came back running with bottled water.

He handed it to Cade and my pretend boyfriend opened it for me.

"The sandwich is good, right? I asked papa to make an extra."
You mean I am eating a sandwich exclusively made by Sir Kai? Shit. My brother will be damn jealous.

"Yes, it is. Thanks."

"Good boy." He patted my head.

"Hey, I am not a dog. Why would you pat my head?"

"Of course you are not. I will never want to have a dog as my boyfriend."

"Cade, let's be clear...we..."

"Shut up or I will kiss you here in front of everyone."

I stopped talking. I need to make a plan to stop Cade. He is really making me insane.

He sat beside me and just keep on staring at me.

"I like you." He whispered.

...but I don't

"Stop staring at me, Cade."

Our professor entered the room but this guy beside me is still focused on staring at me.

"Do you want to meet my family?"

"Cade, quiet. The class is about to start." I warned him.

"Do you want to see the family's mansion?" He asked me again.

"Cade, please...let's talk later."

"Miles, did you put your name on the research club?" Mr. Lorenzo asked me.

"Not yet, sir. I will later."

"What was that club? Why didn't you tell me first? Who are the members?"

"I don't know yet. Please, stop annoying me." I begged.

"Sir, can I join that club too?" Cade asked.

"But you told me you are not interested in joining in any club."

"My boyfriend is joining so it's just right for me to join his club too."

I pinched his waist.

"You are embarrassing and annoying at the same time. Just shut up, Cade."

"Feel free, Mr. Suppasit."

"See? I will join too. Let's sign up together later."

The first subject ended fast. We just need to wait for our class later at 1 PM.

"Do you want to have lunch or you want to rest in our hangout place first?" If I don't know Cade, I must say he really talks to me like a real boyfriend.

"I want to rest, breathe and be alone."

"I am trying to be nice to you. You really hate me, don't you?"

Why does he sound so down? He is making me feel guilty if he keeps talking to me like this.

"I don't but can you just stop this boyfriend thing? I never agreed to be one."

He gritted his teeth. "Because you like that stupid guard? If I kicked him out of this school, you cannot see him anymore and he is going to blame you for that. Are you prepared if that happens?"

"Cade, why are you doing this to me?"

"Just like me back and everything will be alright."

"But you cannot force someone to like you. Why don't you just choose anyone better? Someone that will do everything for you?"

"Choose someone better? I already chose the best and it's you. This is my first time liking someone this much and I am not gonna lose him to someone who doesn't even like him. Do you think he likes you?"

"I don't care if he doesn't like me."

"Well, I don't care if you don't like me too. I told you I can wait, just give me this chance. I will make you fall for me." Cade is hard-headed. If it is true that he likes me then the big question is why? I never did anything likable to him.

We are holding hands again on our way to the sixth floor. I am tired of arguing with him so I just let him do what he wants for now.

I just sat on his couch while he is still removing his shoes. We still have three hours before the next subject. I was about to grab some books when he lay on the couch. His head is on my lap.

"I'll just sleep here. Tell me if you are hungry so we can grab lunch."

I cannot move. I looked down to see his handsome face. Everything on his face is screaming how perfect he is.
How can this guy fell for someone as simple as me? He can have everything in a snap but here he is trying to be a good boyfriend to me.

"You can stare all you want. I am giving you the permission to kiss me too."

When he mentioned kiss, I looked down at his lips and I hate myself for thinking that it is damn kissable.

Heart, calm down. You can't fall for this guy.

"That night, when you are running to me and you looked so helpless, I felt something like I want to protect you. I was not sure that time but when you skipped classes for days, I realized that I wanna see you all the time. I want to be with you all the time."
Cade is talking while his eyes are closed. "I wanna go to your house but I don't know what to tell you." I was just staring at him as he speaks when he slowly opened his eyes. "I don't lie, Miles. Now, I am sure that I like you...no... I am in love with you...and I promise no one is ever gonna hurt you again. I'll be your shield. So please let me."