Someone pulled her back towards safety. Just as the truck passed coming to a screeching stop couple of meters later. "Hey you, don't you see where you are going? You want to kill someone early in the morning?" She heard Forrest's voice. And wasn't happy. "I am sorry man, I am very sorry, she came in front of me suddenly I didn't saw her. I am so sorry." The truck driver said again and again. 

"Well sorry isn't enough, if something happened to her then..." She placed her hand over Forrest's chest trying to calm him down and it worked. "It wasn't his fault. I wasn't looking at the road." She hid the fact that someone pushed her in front of the truck purposefully and since the area was surrounded by trees it was very easy for anyone to hide among them.

"You are very lucky Mr, that I am not suing you for almost killing my fiancée" That tugged her heart if only she can be truly his fiancée but she cannot. It was a far-fetched dream that she was hoping to make true. But she cannot do that, and she knew it very well.

He pulled her away from the street and towards the bench. He made her sit and checked on her. She didn't have any injury just some scratches. "You are alright Miss Mathur," He said. "No need to call in the paramedics just yet" that made her smile and she leaned into his chest.

She felt his body was shaking and she realized how afraid he was of all this. "I am alright Forrest" She whispered. "I am too, now, I am alright too" But he was still shaking, afraid that he could have lost her and he would have been unable to save her. Unable to do anything about it. 

If he was a minute late then she would have been gone for good. She looked up seeing his dark Amber eyes gazing into the distance. As if something was disturbing him very much. She instinctively put her hand over his and he intertwined their fingers.

"Here you go a healthy breakfast made just for us." They were sitting in a diner nearby after Forrest dropped her home, he refused to leave her alone. He waited as she changed and then took her out for breakfast in his favorite place. 

"Yes, this is your version of healthy Mr. Lyte." She saw pancakes covered in butter and maple syrup. French toast with whipped cream on top. Sausages and eggs and coffee. "And do you plan to feed an army?" She joked.

"Only if you are ready to create one with me, Miss Mathur." And he winked at her. "No thank you, I will rather be like this than to join you on your ventures." "But how can I feed an army without creating them at first?" Forrest asked. "Find someone else, my schedule is busy" She played around more. Then she looked at his arm which was out of the cast.

"Your arm looks better." She commented. "Geez, you noticed? Thanks, I had it repaired just yesterday" he said sarcastically. She wasn't been around as much as she used to. She decided being distant was good for both of them. But apparently, she was wrong and it only made both of them miserable.

Forrest watched her eat. He cannot help but think how miserable he was for the last few days. This loneliness was different than others. He wanted to have her; Reva, close to him. Though he knew he should be faithful to Ange, Reva was something else. 

He was constantly being pulled towards her. And as he heard the shower run into her house, it took him everything in him to restrain himself from not giving in to his own selfish desires that could destroy that beautiful soul he knew.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" "Like what?" Forrest couldn't recognize his own voice. It came out so raspy and full of need, a need for her and he doesn't know for how long he actually can fight with himself about this. He only had touched one girl in his life that is Ange, that too wasn't very frequent. 

Just one or two times at most in their relationship he shared with her for just a few months, seven to be exact. "Like you like me to be on the menu" Reva meant it as a joke but his reply had surprised her again "maybe I do like you to be on the menu. Maybe I am hungry for something only you can satisfy." She almost choked on her food and begin coughing.