Clever Solution

((A/N: Sorry for the super short chapter after a super long wait. Life gets in the way, you know? Thank you guys for all the support, it is astonishing <3

It had been a long day for Stuart Potts and his lovely (Y/N). They had been on vacation for almost a week now, but the hotel they had been previously staying at had to abruptly close due to an insane power outage that took out half the city. Stu held (Y/N) close, their hastily packed bags behind them, as they obtained a new room at another hotel. Once everything was settled the couple made their way up to the room, one of the only open ones left due to the sudden influx of guests. It was late, they were tired, and ready to fall asleep in each other's arms.

Stu unlocked the door and tossed his duffle bag of clothes on to the floor in order to hug (Y/N) close. "Ready to get some sleep, love?" They nod and look into the room before an incredulous look comes upon their face. "What's wro- what the hell?"

There were two twin size beds as opposed to the one queen size Stu had insisted upon. The couple walked in, (Y/N) setting the rest of the bags down, as they just looked at the two beds. "It's fine baby," they said to Stu. "We can just move them together." They went to the side of one of the beds and tried pushing on it, but it wouldn't budge. "Come...on," they grunt to no avail. They slump to the floor to look at the bed frame legs only to find that the beds were bolted to the floor.

Stu sits next to them and sees the problem as well. "We can share one of the beds, right?"

"It's really small, Stu, and I love you but you move around a lot when you sleep. I don't want you to fall off the side." They hug him close and lean against the bed. Stu slowly rubs their side as he looks out the window. Slowly, an idea began to form in his mind and he got up from the floor. "Baby?" (Y/N) looks up at him as he goes to the other twin bed and starts taking off the sheets. He puts the comforter on the floor then stretches the bedspread across both the twins, using his bag to hold one side up. By this point, (Y/N) caught on to his idea and started to help out. They take apart the other bed and use one of their bags to hold up the other end of the bedspread.

It takes a couple of minutes, but eventually they had a decent looking pillow fort situated between the beds. They change and climb into the sheets, laughing softly at the childish nature of their solution. (Y/N) gets under the slightly scratchy comforter and hugs Stu close to them. "You're so smart babe." They kiss his cheek and get ready to sleep.

Stu chuckles and pulls them on top of him. "So are you, you're much better at building this than I was." He kisses them lovingly, his hands sliding up and down their body until they fall asleep on his chest. He plays with their hair and smiles down at them until he also falls asleep.