˚ ✩. 5 .✩ ˚

───────────── .°୭̥ ❁

At eleven, the rain still did not subside, and the two were getting a little sleepy. They were watching a movie on Marinette's computer, intending the blue light to keep them awake a little longer, though it wasn't really working for her. She was so close to succumbing into slumber, but was still awake. Well-half awake.

"Marinette, I really need to go, it's very late and you need to sleep," Chat said, pausing the movie."But Chat, it's still raining," she muttered, grabbing his hand just as he got up. He looked at her, seeing she was visually exhausted. He sighed. "I'll be alright, you need your beauty sleep anyways," he told her, pulling her up from the chair. She giggled softly and yawned, rubbing her eyes. "Take and umbrella at least, Chat. Please?"

Marinette settled into bed as Chat carefully shut the hatch to the balcony. He opened the umbrella and extended his baton, vaulting himself back to his house; the Agresté mansion.

--

"Marinette, please do try to be on time more often," Ms. Bustier kindly warned her often tardy student who had came in almost ten minutes late that very Tuesday morning. "Yes, miss," the bluenette muttered, slipping into her seat. Despite being absolutely exhausted last night, she couldn't sleep very well.

The constant thunder kept her awake; she hated thunder. So while Ms. Bustier was talking about ancient Egyptian history, Marinette constantly slapped herself awake, making sure not to fall alseep. This however, made sure she did not focus in class.

Once lunch rolled around, Marinette could barely walk straight. She had nearly knocked into Alya twice. Nino, Adrien and the two sat down at their usual table at lunch, all eating their food except Marinette. Her head was rested on her folded arms as she continued to struggle keeping awake. "Marinette, you sure you're alright?" Adrien asked her. She had assured all he friends she was perfectly fine earlier, though clearly she wasn't. All he got an answer was a faint hum from the bluenette. With that, Alya sighed.

Okay you know what, I'm taking you home. Get your sleepy ass up, I'm getting you a permission slip from the nurse to go back home." This caused Marinette to awake instantly. B-but Alya, I'm not sick!" she protested just as her friend proceeded to get up.

"Mhm, yeah sure," Alya replied sarcastically, pushing aside Mari's bangs to feel her forehead. "You feel warm, Marinette. C'mon, get up, to the nurse's office." Alya said again, folding her arms across her chest in disapproval when her friend shook her head. "I'm fine, Alya, really," Marinette assured her friend again, but none of the three believed her.

--

"Rest well now, honey," Sabine said to her daughter who laid half awake in her bed, a damp cloth on her forehead. According to the nurse, she most certainly did catch a cold, and if Marinette was being honest, she had no idea how. Was it the rain? Was it the battle with Stitcher a few days ago? Her mind wondered for a while before it clicked. She had battled Stormy Weather and it had rained heavily yesterday, and without anything really warm enough to help her, she probably had a bit of hypothermia. She laid in bed, drifting off to sleep.

Adrien felt a little guilty about Marinette catching a cold, though it wasn't even his fault. He had to urge to go and visit, but wasn't sure if it was appropriate at the time or which identity he should go as. Getting into her room would be easier as Chat, but he wouldn't want to disturb her if she was sleeping the time he came over. His father has eased the going out rule, as long as he knew exactly where he was going. Yep, going as Adrien was his best bet.