Chapter 19

A few days earlier

The man sitting in the throne-like chair listened to his minions explain their failure. In all honesty, he didn't really expect them to succeed that fast. That boy was a feisty little fella, he was bound to be a little more challenging, after all, he held ancient power beyond imaginable inside him. His servants were just idiots doing his biddy, but the boy would fall in their hands, there was no doubt about it.

"We're sorry, master. The boy was more capable than we anticipated," one of his lackeys apologised for the umptieth time. He had to roll his eyes, Of course, he is, you idiots.

"That's enough, we'll get him next time. For now, try and learn from your mistakes, Seto Kaiba is much stronger than you can imagine," he ordered.

"Yes, master," they bowed as one.

"Now get out of my sight," their master waved them off having heard enough of them.

This was working more in his interest actually. The stronger the beast grew, the weaker the man would be. That boy was arrogant and in complete denial of the past, he was nothing like his own son. They might've looked the same but on the inside, that rich spoiled brat was nothing like his predecessor. Still, it was going to be quite satisfying to get rid of him, it would've been almost as pleasant as seeing his own son Priest Seto suffer for what he did to him. The master's real name was Aknadin, and he was the father of the Priest Seto whose reincarnation this boy Seto Kaiba was. He had been banished to the Shadowlands but thanks to the hole he'd found, he managed to escape and in what body too. His revenge will be sweet, and he'll finally have control of that dragon. If it wasn't for that stupid girl, his son would've listened to him but no, he had to oppose him and send his soul into oblivion. Now, this Seto would pay for everything, he was just as much to blame. The fool had the power of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon inside him but couldn't use it. Aknadin, however, had a very clear plan of how to get the dragon under his command.

The former High Priest stood from his improvised throne and went towards the sacred tablet. It was an ancient relic and had seen better days but was pretty much intact. The tablet told the story of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon. How it was born in the soul of a village girl and would wreak havoc in Egyptian towns, but whoever had it would carry the Curse of the White Dragon. The man and beast were so intertwined, both could never exist at the same time. That was fine by him, he'd kill two birds with one stone – get the ultimate monster and get rid of his son's future counterpart. Soon, he'd be just about ready to complete his revenge.

Present time

After coming up with the prototype for the real-life video game simulation, Seto sent the plans to his engineering team to construct a whole building with this technology. He spent more time with Karissa coming up with designs and ideas for levels and environments. The works were going full force and he'd soon have his very first game building. Seto wanted to have a special name for it, and he had the perfect one in mind. It would commemorate his past and present but only a very few people would ever know its true meaning. His brother Mokuba had come from his internship abroad and was excited to see Seto was working on a new addition to their theme parks. What he didn't know yet was about his brother's relationship, plus the real danger of losing himself to the dragon but that wasn't something Seto was going to discuss with his little brother. Just then Karissa knocked on his door coming back with the documents he asked for.

"I have the files..." she was interrupted mid-sentence by Seto's kiss.

She didn't realise when he shortened the distance between them and had her in his embrace yet again. Karissa definitely wasn't complaining but someone might see them. To her dismay, her boss didn't seem to mind a single bit. Seto couldn't get enough of his ravishing girlfriend. Wait, she was his girlfriend, wasn't she?