Chapter 20

"Looks like you caught me, my beloved daughter."

I already knew who it was by the voice. He walked closer to me, and I stood up, maintaining eye contact. "Aw, you don't look happy to see m-"

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked him, standing up and glaring at him. He smiled, turning his head a bit. "The hero kid? Am I finally going to get a grandchild? Hopefully, they're more useful than you..."

I stayed silent, sitting back down near Izuku, and pushing back some of his bangs. "Why are you here? Aren't you suppose to be rotting away in your fucking room?" I murmured, looking over at him.

He chuckled a bit, crossing his arms. "Hostile... Just like your mother."

"Shut the fu-"

"Don't be so loud... You wouldn't want your precious hero to die now, would you?" AFO mocked, pointing to Izuku.

I looked over at Izuku and saw a knife, hovering over him. "You think I care about a fucking hero? Do it, I don't give a shit about him." I said, glaring at my father.

We stared at each other for a few seconds and then he snickered. "If you say so~" He sang, pointing his index finger to the floor.

...

It hurt...

A lot.

The sound of something being stabbed, and then a delayed sound of blood gushing out, reverberated throughout the forest. I let out a shaky exhale, trying not to make any noise.

All I heard was a laugh coming from AFO. "Didn't you say that you didn't care about him?" He snickered, holding out his hand in a limp position. "But no, that was a lie! Look at you! Fucking pathetic... You let your hand get fucking stabbed, just so this worthless piece of shit could live."

I took my opposite hand, reaching for the knife, and pulling it out of my hand. I dropped it next to me, and then stared down at Izuku, clenching my teeth.

"Poor, little Y/N... Always wanting to be a hero. Maybe in your next life, you'll be more useful..." He said, turning around, and walking back into a portal.

After he was gone, I laid down next to Izuku, holding my wrist. The knife went straight through the palm of my hand. But, if I was any slower, it would've impaled him...

Despite the fact that my hand was dripping blood, it was a beautiful night. I turned my head to face Izuku who was still sleeping as if nothing happened. I stared at him for god knows how long... It was enough for him to wake up.

"Y/N... What time is it? Why are you awake?" Izuku asked, rubbing his eyes. "I don't know, just uh, go to sleep, it's still dark outside," I replied, smiling at him.

He stopped rubbing his eyes, standing up and stretching. "You're still awake though. I'll walk around and when I get back if you're still not asleep, then we'll just fall asleep together, okay?"

I slowly nodded, watching as he walked away, probably going to go look at the moon. I looked down at my hand that was in my pocket and grunted a bit. The knife was behind me, and it seems like he didn't notice anything.

How'd it come to this? If you told me a year ago that I would be running away from everyone with a hero, and sleeping in the middle of the forest, I would've laughed... On top of that, I've developed an emotional connection to him.

"Y/N! Y/N, come here!" Izuku yelled out from somewhere. I stood up quickly, running over to wherever he was. "What is it?! Are you okay?! You didn't get hurt, rig-"

"I'm sorry I startled you, but look there's a house here! It has lights and everything! How didn't we see it earlier?!" He kept on rambling about how grand the house was.

He took my free hand, tugging it, and walking into the house. "Oh wait- H-Hello? Does anyone live here? If you do then I'm sorry!"

"If someone lived here I think they would have a car or something parked outside... Everything looks new in here..." I murmured, walking towards the kitchen, and opening up the cabinets that were filled with plates and cups.

"They even have a big flat-screen TV in the living room! I'll go get out bags so we can spend the night here, okay?" He exclaimed before running out of the house. I kept looking around the kitchen and saw a note left by the window sill.

Put this gift to use. I can easily take it away...

I crunched the paper a bit, but then shoved it in my pocket. "Where's the first-aid kit..."

For 10 minutes, I disinfected my wound, wrapping bandages over it. "Y/N! I'm back, sorry I had to put out the fire!" Izuku yelled out, closing the door on his way in.

I quickly put the first-aid kit back on one of the cabinets, sitting down on the counter, acting like I was doing something. "H-Hey! It's okay, I was just... looking at the bowls?"

He laughed a bit, walking over to the living room and setting the bags down. "Let's go take a shower, and then we'll lay down okay?"

I got off the counter, smiling at him and nodding my head. While Izuku was still showering, I was looking around the house since I finished taking mine. It had 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, a backyard with a fence, a garage with just a motorcycle, and then food came along with the house... I was starting to rethink if this was an actual person's house, rather than something my father created...

I walked back towards the master room where Izuku and I were staying, opening the door. "The house is big... It can fit a whole family." I said, laying down on the bed, and trying to find the remote.

"Right! This would be a nice place to settle, you know?" He walked towards me, sitting down on the opposite side. I clicked through the channels, landing on a random late-night show.

"Yeah... It actually would." I looked over at him, smiling. He blushed a bit, returning the smile.

Our smiles slowly faded, and soon we were just staring at each other. It felt just like the same time when we first kissed each other... Subconsciously, we both moved in closer, inches away from each other's faces.

"A-Are we... Are we going to kiss right now?" Izuku murmured, switching glances between my lips, and eyes.

"Yeah... I think we are..."