Chapter 17

"Surprise?..."

Ashido, Yaoyarozou, and Uraraka's faces all turned pale. They stepped back a few steps, still in shock.

"I-It's you... B-But you- Midoriya..." Uraraka muttered out, looking over at Izuku who was also shocked.

He ran over to me, helping me stand up, and tightly embracing me. "D-Don't tell anyone, please! She hasn't hurt anyone, she's been with me at all times!"

Uraraka ran over to us, trying to tug him away. "Do you know what she's done?! She murdered people, Deku! Don't you wanna be the number 1 hero?! Your girlfriend is a villain!"

Izuku pushed her off of him and moved back. "I do want to be the number 1 hero! S-She's not my girlfriend, sh-she's... She's special to me! You guys might not understand it now, but she's not a villain!"

Yaoyarozou came up to Izuku, holding out her hand. He stepped back, gripping me tighter and glaring at her. "Don't come closer, I don't want you guys to hurt her! She hasn't done anyth-"

"Midoriya... Calm down, we're not going to hurt her. Just go, okay? We won't say anything." Yaoyarozou gave Izuku a soft smile, moving out of the way, so Izuku could go to the car.

He was hesitant at first, but then slowly made his way out, tugging me behind him. Once we made it to the car he immediately turned it on and started driving home.

"Izuku, I can leav-"

"N-No! I'll find somewhere where we can both stay at, okay? I just-... I just need a few hours!" He pulled out his laptop, browsing through hotels that were out of town.

He was rambling stuff in a low voice, and his eyes were shifting rapidly. "I can't use my account, they'll track us... I'll be right back, I'm going to take out money. Stay here, okay?" Izuku took off his graduation clothes, throwing on a random white shirt, and started walking out of the house.

The door slammed, leaving the scent of his cologne lingering around the room. I sighed and sat down on the couch turning on the news. They were broadcasting the ceremony still. Yaoyarozou either told everyone not to say anything, or she's going to do it later.

I got my phone, opening up the call log, and pressing on Kurogiri's contact.

"Y/N? Is everything okay? You never call me." He answered, a bit confused. "Hey... Can I stay with you guys for a few days? Something happened, I need to change my apartment to somewhere outside of the city."

"Yes, that's okay. I'll warp over to you in a few minutes, let me get your room ready." Kurogiri said, hanging up the call. I put my phone down, and went over to Izuku's closet, packing his clothes in a bookbag.

A few minutes passed, and I heard the door open, and close again. Izuku came in, panting for air, and sweaty. "I-I got all of my m-money withdrawn... Come on, let's go..." He panted, walking over to me.

He was trudging his feet, probably due to the heat exhaustion he was experiencing. He tripped, and I caught him, helping him stand up. "We'll leave in a few days... For now, we'll somewhere that I know we'll be safe at."

A few more minutes passed, and Kurogiri warped through. "You ready? Let's go, I have some chicken in the ov-"

"Wait, Izuku is almost done changing. He took a quick shower because he ran out to withdraw money." I explained, swinging Izuku's book bag over my shoulder.

"Deku? I don't mind him staying with us, but that might cause some controversy in the League." Kurogiri sighed, crossing his arms.

After Izuku finished changing he walked out, asking me why Kurogiri was there. I simply told him that, that was the safe place, and that in a few days I would get a house outside of town.

We warped into the LOV hideout where Shigaraki was sitting on the couch, yelling at the TV. "No, no, no! You suck! You can't do anything right, I'm joining somebody else's team!"

"Tomura, please stop yelling at the TV just because you died in your game again." Kurogiri sighed, making his way back to the bar.

"It's not me! It's the other person! I hate multiplayer, I'm gonna play by myself. Where did you go thou- Y/N! And-... You... I'm going to fucking kill you!" Shigaraki yells out, getting up from the couch, and charging at Izuku with his hand out.

I put Izuku behind me, and he stopped, giving me a glowering stare. "Y/N, why the fuck is a hero in the fucking hideout? We don't have any need for a fucking hero to be roaming around here. Go back to your house, and live in luxury." Shigaraki scoffed, sitting back down on the couch, and clicking some buttons on his controller.

"He's going to stay here for a few days with me. Suck it up, and don't bother him. We're going to leave in a few days, something just occurred..." I retorted, taking Izuku by the hand, and walking up the stairs.

"Dinner is going to be ready in a few hours! The rest of the league went out to go get some food at the corner store!" Kurogiri called out while we were ascending the staircase.

We walked down the hall, turning at the last door in the hallway. It was my room. It had a bathroom, and the space was pretty big, nothing luxurious though, it was still an abandoned building.

"You can set your stuff on the bed. Stay here while I explain to Kurogiri and Shigaraki about the situatio-"

"Wait. Can you-... Can you stay with me?" Izuku asked, gripping my hand. I stared at him for a few seconds, and then made our way to the bed.

I laid down, followed by Izuku, who was spooning me. He pulled my body closer to his, burying his face in my neck.

"I'm so sorry that this is happening, Y/N... Just know that I'll always be with you." He murmured, slurring the last few words.

I took his hand and kissed his fingers. "Don't be sorry. I'll find a place where we can stay outside of town." I replied, putting his hand on my chest.

He kissed my neck lightly, and then I felt him shuffle a bit until he got into a comfortable position.