Chapter Twenty-Seven

Harry's Pov.
When me and Niall reached the field that try-outs were being held on I right away started scanning for Louis. Hey you can't blame me can you? We left on a bad note the other night and I felt weird not talking to him for this long. He sat with Stan at lunch, but he does that quite often so i don't know if it was because of the other night or not. Maybe I'm just overthinking? Whatever, I'll have to figure out what to say to him when we actually do come face-to-face again.

"I'm going to go over and sigh in with coach, you can sit over there." Niall pointed to a bench over on the side of the field. There were other students out here to watch, but not many. Most of them were sitting up on the bleachers but there were a few hanging around the side lines of the field.

"Alright, good luck Nialler." I sat down on the bench and watched Niall walk over to the coach. That's when I spotted Louis. He was already standing beside the coach. Niall said he was already on the team, so why is he at try-outs?

"Alright lads gather around!" The coach called, morning everyone in with his hand. Louis stood beside of the coach as all the other boys gathered around them.

"So a lot of you may know that Louis is the captain of this team, so he will be running drills today and helping me sith try-outs. He will also help decide who will be on the team when try-outs are over. We will have them all week, and on the last day, Friday, I will release the team list. Is that clear to everyone?" Coach announced to all of them. There was a chorus of "yeah's" from everyone. He nodded slowly and then started barking out directions.

I zoned out for a moment but then I felt someone looking at me. I looked up, making eye contact with Louis. He had his eyebrows furrowed, lip pulled between his teeth. He looked like he was thinking really hard about something. I wonder what it was? When Louis realized I was looking back at him his eyes widened. He looked away right after. Well then. Guess that probably wasn't good.
·
·
·
·
It was now right after try-outs. It had started raining about 10 minutes ago, but it wasn't raining hard or anything. It certainly wasn't just drizzle though. Niall ran up to be, dripping in sweat and water.

"How do you think I did?" He asked, a smile etched into his features. He seemed to be over the moon. Truth be told i hardly watched Niall at all. I was so focused on Louis the whole time, I'm sure anyone watching me would have thought i was a stalker.

"I think you did great mate." I clapped Niall on the back and we started walking up to the changing rooms.

"Liam did great, i definitely think he will make the team." Niall stated. I hummed in agreement, not really paying attention. I was too lost in my thoughts, overthinking in particular, about Louis. He was walking a few yards in front of me and Niall, talking to some other guy on the team. I really can't tell if he was mad at me or not. It was driving me insane not knowing if he was mad or if he was, then why did he get so upset? Just kill me now honestly.

I waited outside of the changing rooms for Niall, it had started raining a little harder. My hair and clothes were already soaked. Most of the people had left the changing room but Niall was being a fuck and taking forever. What was taking him so lo-

"Ready to to?" Niall peeped out of the locker room door.

"Yes for fucks sake, I'm soaking you cunt." I groaned. Niall and I started walking away when a familiar figure passed us. I couldn't help myself. I let my hand fall on their shoulder lightly, causing them to turn and look at me.

"Hey Lou, can we talk for a minute?" I pleaded. He looked between me and Niall before nodding.

"I'll catch up with you tomorrow Niall, yeah?" I offered, giving him a tired smile. He nodded, jogging off in the other direction.