Chapter Seven

Harry's Pov.
After I had gotten off the bus and reached the lockers, I saw Liam and Zayn standing together but Niall was nowhere to be seen.

Liam and Zayn noticed me and walked over, both of them greeting me, I greeted them back and we talked for a while.

"You seem a little off today, you alright lad?"  Liam asked, giving me a quizzical look.

I perked my head up at the question.

"Yeah yeah, 'm alright, just kinda tired." I replied giving them a tight smile, it probably looked more like a grimace though.

"Alright, if there is something you wanna talk about though just speak up." Liam said, patting me on the back.

"Liam you're such a softie." Zayn teased, poking his cheek lightly.

"Aye fuck you, twat." Liam replied, swatting Zayn's hand away but smiling afterwards.

They continued playful banter and when I looked up I swear I was almost trampled.

Niall had ran up to me and attacked me with a bear hug, causing me to stumble into the lockers and try my best to hug him back without falling.

"I'm so sorry about what happened Hazza, I know it must suck." Niall said into my ear, brushing his nose against my neck lightly. That's how our friendship was, we were comfortable with being affectionate with each other.

"Well what the hell happened." Zayn said, causing me and Niall to separate and look at Zayn and Liam. They both had confused looks on their faces.

Niall looked at me, as if asking for permission to tell them. I nodded as if to say it was fine, giving him a sad smile.

"Basically, Harry's dad left him and his family a couple years ago, and yesterday he appeared out of no where and picked Harry up from school, that's why he got called out at lunch. Then he left again." Niall explained, he still didn't have all the details so there were some holes but Zayn seemed satisfied with the answer.

Without warning they all pulled me into a group hug, jumping around a little. I eventually let a smile fall over my features and started laughing at their dorkiness.

"Cheer up Harreh!" They all chanted, not too loudly, while we were in the group hug.

I think it worked because by the time we released each other we were all laughing.

"Well, me and Nialler should head to first period, but thank you guys." I said, smiling at them all and then me and Niall headed off in the direction of our our class.

During first period Ed and his friends gave me glares and threw pieces of paper at me with horrible things written on them, Taylor, who was sat beside me just gave me a sad smile and look of apology everytime something happened. I still had a cut on my lip and bruise on my jaw from the fight the other day, and I knew she could tell it was from Ed the first time she saw it.

Niall had been talking to some students in the front of the room, but ever now and again he would turn around and give me a small smile just for the sake of being acknowledged.
·
·
·
After first and second period was over I headed to lunch, being mindful of my surroundings so that I didn't get pulled into the bathroom and beat up by Ed again. 

I reached the lunch table before anyone else did, probably from my anxious rush to hurry up and get here. I was sad to see that Louis wasn't sitting at the table, but when he caught sight of me from his own table he said goodbye to his friend and Eleanor and sat down beside me. Our shoulders and thighs would press together ever now and again, making chills run down my spine. I didn't know why though, I had felt weird around Louis ever since we skipped and went to the diner together.

"Hey Harry, so Liam and Zayn told me about your dad, I'm sorry about that love." Louis consoled, giving my thigh a light pat. If him calling me 'love' wasn't enough to make me nervous then him patting my thigh definitely was.

I smiled weakly in return, I didn't really want anyone to know how bad it was hurting me, but on the inside it was really killing me. I decided to change the subject.

"Seems like you like me more than your other friends, you always sit over here with me." I teased playfully, nudging my side into his lightly.

"Oh yeah, definitely, they suck. They could never compete with the all amazing Harry Styles." Louis joked back, ruffling my hair lightly, giving my hip a light jab with his elbow. I blushed lightly when he had ruffled my hair, containing my smile the best I could.

About a minute later Liam, Zayn, and Niall showed up at the table, Niall had brought the girl he had told us about a few days ago with him and they say beside each other.

"So I was thinking," Niall started, turning to me and the other boys, "Since tomorrow is Friday, you should all come to my house and spend the night."

We all agreed, and I was happy to get to spend more time with them all outside of school. After the suggestion Niall went back to talking to the girl he had brought to the table.

Ed and his friends walked past our lunch table and gave me a glare and a smirk. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably, averting my eyes from them.

"Did they do anything else to you other then the incident from the other day?" Louis asked, peering into my soul with his intense blue eyes.

"Ah, not really. They messed with me a little on the bus this morning and in class today, but nothing super bad or anything." I shrugged it off, even though some of the things they had said to me actually did hurt.

"It doesn't matter how bad whatever they do to you is, it matters that they are doing unfriendly things to you at all." Louis muttered, I could hear the slight anger in his voice but I knew it was directed towards Ed and not me. 

"It's alright, I've got you to help me." I said playfully, giving his thigh a small push with mine, smiling at him. His lips curled into a smile in return, crinkles appearing at the corners of his eyes.

"You've got that right."
~
~
~
Shorter chapter but i think it's cute, why about you guys?

Thanks for reading lovelies <3