Chapter Five

Harry's Pov.
After the lunch bell rang, I tried to rush out of the cafeteria but I guess Louis figured I'd try that because he grabbed my arm, not hard enough to hurt me but enough to pull me backwards and face him.

I avoided his eyes, looking everywhere but him.

"Harry look at me."

I didn't, I kept my eyes on the ground, hands in my pockets.

"Harry." He had a warning tone to his voice, it wasn't a threatening one though. I didn't really know how to explain it.

I hesitated, before bringing my gaze up to Louis. He gasped when he saw my face.

He stepped forward so we were closer and grabbed my chin in his hand, I flinched back, but didn't pull away from him. He tilted my head around, examining the forming bruise on my jaw and the cut on my lip. He ran his thumb across my lip, I guess to get a better look at the cut, but that's when I decided to push his hand off of my face. I stepped back so there was a good 2 feet of space between us and ran my hands through my hair.

"Harry who did that?" He asked, he had a slight edge of anger to his voice, but he mostly sounded concerned. His eyes on the other hand were not so calm, they were piercing into mine and practically reaching into my brain.

"No one, it doesn't even matter." I shrugged, trying to play it off. He took a step closer to me but I stepped back, trying to keep distance.

He put his hands on my shoulders to hold me in place and peered down into my eyes.

"Harry tell me who did it." He urged more, giving me a hard, yet concerned look.

I didn't, I kept my mouth shut, if I told him and he did something, that would make things worse.

"It was the guy in the hallway from yesterday wasn't it? The one I told you about?" He questioned, but I knew he knew he was right.

"Look, you have to promise not to do anything, it'll make him mad and it's my fault anyway and I-" Louis cut me off by shushing me.

"It's fine Harry, this has only happened once so I wont confront him, I just wanted to know who did it." He assured, giving me a smile.

I let out a sigh of relief and relaxed my shoulders.

"What do you say to skipping the rest of the day and getting something to eat? You didn't eat lunch so what do you say?" Louis offered, making eye contact with me.

That was one thing I liked a lot about talking to him, he made a lot of eye contact and it made you feel important.

"Uh- you know what? Sure, lets do it." I agreed, it wouldn't hurt anyone.

Louis nodded and we grabbed our stuff out of our lockers then left the school, he said he had a car so I followed him to it, climbing inside with him.

"So where do you want to go?" Louis asked, turning his body the way you turn when you're looking behind the car to back out.

I bit mt lip, and averted my gaze, getting a strange feeling. That was weird.

"Harry?" Louis asked, I hadn't answered his question.

"Oh, yeah- umm... I don't care, you pick." I suggested, turning to look at him. He was facing the road while we drove, but he had a small smile on his face. I turned my head and leaned it onto the window, looking outside and watching the trees blur as we drive past them.

Louis drove slightly faster then he probably should have, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me nervous.
·
·
·
We drove for about 30 minutes before pulling into a small diner looking place, it was cute. We both walked inside and sat at a booth by the window, there were only a few other customers in here.