Double Date? (26)

It had been a couple of days since I left the hospital and I was doing much better. Jay had insisted on staying home with me until I got better but I told him to go back to work since I knew that he was really just paranoid that something would happen to me.

Although he accepted to go back to work he would call almost every hour to check in. I was very much looking forward to the weekend since Casey and Gabby had invited Jay and I for dinner and this would be my first official outing since the incident.

I was at home cooking some dinner when I heard the door open. "Hey baby." I heard Jay's voice.

"Hey, you're home late." I commented.

He appeared from the hallway with a large gift in his hand. "I had to go pick something up." He walked over to give me a kiss and the present.

"You shouldn't have."

"Just open it." Jay gestured to the box on the counter.

I opened it to reveal a long silk cream dress. I gasped as I unfolded it.

"It's beautiful Jay

"It's beautiful Jay."

"I thought you could wear it on Saturday." Jay smiled.

"Don't you think it's a little too elegant?"

"I think it's perfect." He smiled as he leaned over to kiss me again. "Please wear it" he begged.

"Fine but only if you give me a kiss." I puckered my lips.

He kissed me again. "Maybe we can take it to the bedroom?" Jay giggled.

"I would love to." I winked at him.

———————
Saturday couldn't have come any sooner. I realized as the day arrived that I started feeling a little nervous about dinner. It wasn't only the first time I was going out since the incident but it was also my first date with Jay since we split up. I hopped into the shower to get ready.

"Hey baby I got called into work, it's an emergency, I told Gabby and Casey to pick you up and I'll meet you guys there." I heard Jay shout into the bathroom.

I poked my head out of the shower "oh really babe? ok." I answered.

"Sorry babe." He came over to give me a kiss before leaving.

I got ready. I had to admit I was feeling really hot in the dress Jay bought me. I checked my watch and I still had a couple of minutes before Casey and Gabby got here. I heard a knock at the door. I was confused as to who it might be since Gabby would've just called me down. I walked over to the door.

Jay was standing there with a bouquet of white roses in his hands, wearing a black tuxedo. His eyes were shining more than they'd ever had and I could tell he was happy.

"Come with me please." Jay smiled extending his arm out for me.

Although I was extremely confused I didn't hesitate to take his arm and walk with him. Once we were out of the building I noticed a limousine out front.

"Jay, what is this?" I felt myself blushing.

"I want this night to be extremely special." Jay smiled as he opened the door for me.