Honesty (9)

Once we got to his place Jay took out 2 beers from his fridge and handed me one. "Thanks," I said as I leaned on the arm of his couch

"y/n I have to tell you something."

"Ok..." I replied nervously.

"But before I do you have to know something." He looked down at his feet. "Erin and I broke up because I found out I was still married." He started.

"Wait what?" I almost choked on the beer.

"When I was very young I got married in Vegas, I was very drunk. I thought it had all been resolved but turns out I was still legally married. It's finally over but I never told, and I never planned to so Erin, she broke things off." He was visibly nervous.

"Why are you telling me this Halstead?" I asked him.

"Because I like you, I like you a lot and I don't want to make the same mistake twice. I want to be completely honest with you." Jay said stepping closer to me.

I had my mouth slightly open not knowing what to say. I stood up and our bodies were inches apart. "Jay, I like you too but-" I started.

"There's something else you should know." He stopped me.

"What?" I nodded for him to go on.

"I was thinking of proposing to Erin before she broke things off." He confessed.

I sighed and fell back down on the arm of the couch. "Jay I'm not sure this is a good idea. I mean it's only been a few months since you two broke up-" I started once again.

"y/n please, I'm telling you in all honesty, these past few months, spending time with you, getting to know you, I want you y/n. And I'll be honest with you things are still weird between Erin and me but I'm over her." He stepped forward and put his hand on my arms.

I sighed. "Ok..." I spoke softly getting up once again. Our faces were now inches apart. "But we should take things slowly," I whispered. My eyes kept looking up at his lips and his down to mine.

"Yeah, we probably should." He whispered back, his breath tickled my lips.

Before we knew it we were both leaning forward and crashing our lips together. We didn't waste any more time before we were ripping our clothes off each other and my legs were wrapped around Jay's waist as he carried me to his bedroom.

By the end of the night, we were both moaning messes.

___

I woke up with Jay's bare body touching mine. Both his arms wrapped around me. He gave me a soft kiss on my nose then moved down to my lips.

"Morning." He whispered.

I smiled up at him. "So much for taking it slow right" I laughed.

"Are you telling me you regret last night?" He joked back.

"That's not what I said" I smirked.