Betrayal (17)

Being with the guys from the firehouse all day had definitely given me the cheering up I needed. I had managed to get my mind off things until it was time to go to Molly's.

"Let's go y/n, I'll drive you." Otis offered when everyone was already headed there.

I started hesitating again. "I'm not sure Otis, maybe I should just go home."

"Oh c, mon girl, it'll be fun, I promise that I'll make you have fun, and if that doesn't work then I'll sure as hell make you forget." Otis mimicked drinking.

"Oh, how could I say no to you." I laughed as I walked with him to his car.

Once we made it to Molly's I quickly helped Otis, Hermann, Gabby, and Shay set everything up in the bar. Before opening, we decided to take a shot. As I felt the burning liquid seep down my throat I forgot all about my previous hesitation.

Everyone from the firehouse showed up, even Boden. As promised Otis made sure I was never without a drink on hand and Gabby and Shay became my dance partners for the night. Every time I would even stop for a second to look at who had come into the bar Gabby and Shay would remind me that this night was about me.

I had to admit I started feeling a little anxious when the guys from the district started showing up, and I ended up downing my drink when I saw Erin show up. It had been a good amount of time that we had been dancing and I was getting sweaty.

"Ok, c'mon guys let's go take a seat," I begged Shay and Gabby.

"Fine, let's take a break." they gave in.

We took a seat at the bar and Otis instantly filled my drink back up. I looked up at him in surprise.

"I'm a man of my word." He winked at me.

I heard the bell ring, I turned to see Jay had walked in. My first instinct was to hop off the chair to walk up to him but Gabby and Shay stopped me. Jay locked eyes with me for a few seconds before ignoring me and walking past me to the end of the bar where the rest of the guys from the district were.

"What a d*ck" Shay spat.

I just rolled my eyes as I downed my drink once more. "This night is about me," I whispered to myself.

"Damn right it is." Gabby held my hand.

We then heard glass clinking. "Everyone I have an important announcement to make." Jay's voice echoed throughout the now silent bar.

I furrowed my brows not knowing what to expect at all.

"As some of you might know Erin got offered a job in New York, which she accepted. And there is something very important I have to do before she leaves us." Jay continued speaking, he turned to lock eyes with me for a few seconds again.

For a split second, I thought I detected a hint of pain in his eyes. He took a small box out of his coat pocket and got down on one knee in front of Erin.