Ride Along (10)

Jay had to go to work early and I decided I would go out visit people over at the firehouse. I made a stop first and got a bunch of donuts for everyone. Once I got there Cruz and Otis were outside messing around with the hose.

"Hey, kids." I got their attention.

"y/n!" They both ran up to me and gave me a hug.

"D'you mind if I hang with you all for a while? I brought donuts"

"You kidding? You're always welcome here Preciosa." Cruz winked at me.

They both led me into the kitchen where everyone else was hanging. "Look what the cat dragged in," Otis spoke.

"Eyyy." several voices erupted. Everyone got up to greet me.

Mouch took the box of donuts from my hands. "Thanks, kid." I heard him say before he took them to the couch with him.

I went over to sit with Shay and Gabby. "Girls I have to tell you something," I told them.

"You slept with Jay!" Shay almost shouted.

I gestured for her to shut up. "Wait how did you know?"

"Gabby and I saw you leaving with him yesterday, we see how you look at each other, it was only a matter of time." Shay looked incredibly proud of herself.

"Yeah well it's not that simple, he told me he was gonna propose to Erin before she broke things off, but he swears there's nothing there anymore," I told them.

"Do you believe him?" Gabby asked me.

"I don't know, I mean we didn't talk much after that." I winked at them.

We all laughed while Shay and Gabby high-fived me. "Hey y/n." Casey walked in.

"Hey Mat."

Before the conversation started back up the speaker around the firehouse alerted everyone of a new emergency. "Hey, y/n wanna ride along with us today?" Casey asked me as everyone ran out.

"Really?" I turned to look at Boden and Kelly.

"Sure, why not?" Boden smiled.

I ran with the rest of the team. I got into the truck with Squad. I tried to stay as quiet as possible trying my best not to disturb anyone.

"Nervous?" Kelly smirked at me.

"Excited." I smiled back at him.

Once we got there, we parked a couple of meters away from the victims, there were a couple of people with gunshot wounds laying on the street and there were a couple of cars piled onto each other with bullet holes all over them.

"Woah," I muttered overwhelmed at what I was seeing.

Everyone got out of the trucks and I followed. Gabby and Shay began treating people while everyone else worked on getting the rest of the victims freed from under and inside the cars.

I tried to stay out of the way but I noticed there was a woman who wasn't getting any help. Shay noticed as well.

"y/n, I need you to go over to her and keep pressure on her wound, take these." Shay handed me some gauze.

I ran to the woman and pressed on a wound she had on her stomach. "You'll be ok." I tried to calm her down.

I looked up when I heard tires screeching and I noticed a van speeding towards us and I managed to make out guns being held out the windows.

I turned to everyone else and saw no one had realized yet.

"HEY! GUNS! WATCH OUT GUNS!" I yelled to get everyone's attention. Everyone's hands were occupied. I looked down at the woman I was helping before I made a decision that would either make everything worse or save us all.

I ran to the firetruck and got inside it, just as the van was pulling up. Not knowing how exactly I drove it to get in front of everyone. They passed by shooting at everyone but the bullets just hit the truck. Once I stopped the truck I shut my eyes tightly, expecting a hit.

I heard a big pop in my ear and I realized a bullet had just missed my head. Once I saw the van drove away I ran back to the woman's stumbling slightly from the loud ringing in my ear.

____

The guys finally took the woman to the ambulance and Gabby quickly checked my ear. She told me it was normal for me to hear ringing and feel slightly dizzy but I would fine and that I got really lucky.

Gabby went back to the ambulance with Shay and they took off to Med. I walked off to the side to catch my breath.

"Hey, y/n you alright?" Casey came up to me.

"Yeah, I just...that was crazy."

"Yeah that was but you saved us all from an even worse emergency." He patted my back. "C, mon let's get back to the firehouse." He put his arm around me and led me back to the truck.

When we got to the firehouse Shay and Gabby were already there, they took me to the bathroom to wash up.

I decided to make some lunch for the guys and once I was done I heard my phone ring.

"Hello?" I picked it up without checking who it was.

"y/n what the hell were you doing at a drive-by shooting?" I heard Jay's angry voice.

"I was on a ride-along with the guys at the firehouse but I'm fine Jay-" I tried explaining.

"Where are you?"

"At the firehouse, but Jay-" I tried to calm him down.

"I'm coming to get you." He hung up.

I sighed and noticed Shay and Gabby staring at me. "Jay" was all I said to them and a big smirk appeared on both their faces.

___

If I get 5+ comments on this part I'll post 2 more parts today ;)