Girlfriend Corporation: Forty Four

Start from the beginning

"Whatever, babe. Whatever. I'm going. Don't trash the house. I will literally kill you if one of my Stitch plushies disappear." I threatened earning a chuckled from my best friend. I slightly pushed her off me so I can walk over the driver's seat already. I can't afford to be more late than I already am.

"You just gave me an idea on what to do." I instantly throw a glare at Yuna's laughing face. "I'm just kidding. Careful on your way, okay? I love you." I simply nodded my head on her direction and opened my car door.

"Mmm. I love you too." As I entered the car and waved off a goodbye at Yuna then drove off, I noticed a familiar figure pulling over on the apartment's drive way. I looked at rear view mirror to see if I was seeing it right. Yuna pointed on my direction but that was the last thing I saw.

Ryujin just got out of the taxi as I turned on the intersection from the university. I didn't stopped driving though. I even drove faster. Then a few seconds later, I heard my phone ringing. It was on the shotgun seat so I immediately reached out to check who was calling. Even though I already have an idea who it was.

Ryusungie calling...

I've contemplated whether to answer or not. I was biting my lower lip while alternating my eyes on the road and on the phone. I was almost scraping my lip on how hard I was biting it and before I knew it, the phone call ended. I sighed and pulled over the car and took a glance on my phone that was ringing again. I picked it up and slide it to answer.

[Hey. What's wrong with you? Why didn't you told me that you're going to your parents house now? Didn't you told me that we're going together?] I chuckled sarcastically at Ryujin's series of questions. Was she seriously asking me that? Does she still think that she's on the right place to interrogate me about it?

"That's rich coming from you." I muttered lowly.

[W-what?]

"That's rich coming from you." I repeated sarcastically.

[I.. I'm sorry. I can't just tell you everything--]

"Exactly my point, Ryujin. Why do I have to tell you everything, literally every little detail about me when you can't do the same thing for me? Let me tell you this as well, I can't just tell you everything." I quoted what she had just said. Silence. A minute of silence but only her ragged breathing on the other line. And then I heard her sigh. I can totally foresee her biting her lip in shame right now.

[We're.. we're different, Lia. Very.. different. I-- I have to protect all of my privacy for--]

"And you think I don't HAVE to protect my own privacy, huh? Ryujin, you're not making any sense." I irritatedly answered. "And if it's for the corporation then I totally understand. Just don't tell me what to do when you refuse to do the same thing for me. A little bit of decency is all I ask from you. Now, if you don't mind, I'm already late as it is. Don't call me. See you tomorrow." I said as I hang up the phone without waiting for an answer.

I sighed as I throw the phone on the passenger seat again. Why am I so worked up about it?

Because.. I was reminded about that goddamn corporation.

---

I arrived on our family house half past 8 and I already accepted my fate; dying a day before my birthday. Because as soon as I entered the huge front doors basically still limping a bit, my mother's eyebrows immediately knitted together. Though there was a hint of concern, the annoyance was overlapping and showing on her expression. While my father hastily ran up to me.. to get Bella from my arms. Nice.

"Baby! I missed you! How's your event in university? Having fun? What happened to your feet? And where is your girlfriend?" My father's constant questioning was seriously making me dizzy. I sighed and propped down the couch. Two hours of driving isn't a joke. Not to mention that I'm drained.. from my argument with Ryujin over the phone.