Chapter 19

Nadia POV:
It had been a little over a month after the DA meeting and the fight at the quidditch pitch when I got called into Dumbledore's office.

I didn't really know what to expect but what he told me was definitely not it.

"You called for me?" I asked, walking into his office without knocking.

"Yes, if you could please have a seat Nadia" he responded.

I stroked Electra's nose and didn't move from my position at the door.

"I take it you don't like the uniforms?" He said, noting the fact that I was wearing the clothes I fell in.

"You can't really fight in them so no"

Dumbledore crossed his hands together and looked at me even more intensely "do you remember when you first came here and I said I would look more into your heritage and why you were sent here in the first place?"

"How could I forget?" I said dryly.

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled, "well, I found something."

I raised an eyebrow "and?"

The old wizard stood up and moved towards a cabinet. He pulled a shallow stone basin out and motioned for me to come closer.

My curiosity won and I did so. It was filled with a strange white substance, neither liquid nor gas.

"This is a pensieve, it shows memories" Dumbledore pulled a vial of the same strange substance out of his sleeve. "I acquired these memories from an old friend who works at the Department of Mysteries."

I didn't know what the Department of Mysteries was but I nodded nonetheless.

"We're going to watch these memories, it should explain some things"

"You mean watch them like this bowl is a screen or something?" I asked

Dumbledore chuckled lightly "no no, we're going to go into the memories and watch them that way"

Electra snorted smoke, like she could understand what he was saying and I frowned "what's that supposed to mean?"

Dumbledore simply poured the vial into the basin. "Would you like to go first and shall I do the honors"

I just looked at him like he was crazy, which I'm pretty sure he was, so he leaned forward until his long crooked nose was touching the substance and then was sucked into the bowl.

I took a step back in alarm and Electra's talens clutched my shoulder rather hard. He was gone and I could just leave, but I was curious and even though he was probably, definitely crazy, he still knew what he was doing. At least some of the time that is.

I took a deep breath, stepped forward, and leaned over the basin.

I was falling head first towards the ground. I tried to angle my body so I wouldn't hit my head but I was frozen. Two seconds later the world righted itself and I was standing in a place I didn't recognize.

I was in a big room that stretched so far I couldn't see the walls. There was row after row after row of shelves full of small cloudy looking glass balls. It was dark, the only light from very few, too spread apart torches.

"Here they come," the voice of Albus Dumbledore said besides me.

A tall dark skinned wizard wearing silver robes with black trim was approaching us, a slightly crazy looking yet still pretty lady with extremely curly black hair at his side. I prepared for one of them to start speaking but they simply walked past us like we weren't even here.

I looked at Dumbledore in confusion but the older wizard had already started following the other two.

We walked for a couple minutes, our shoes echoing off the stone floor. The dark skinned wizard finally stopped in front of one of the little cloudy glass balls.

There was a label under it and I squinted to read it. It took me a couple tries with my dyslexia, the dark room wasn't helping, but I finally managed to make it out.

The label read 'Prophecy of Bellatrix, Ares, Nadia'

"Is this it?" The dark witch demanded.

"Yes ma'am" the wizard replied.

"And I just pick it up? It will tell me the prophecy?"

"Yes ma'am"

The crazy witch looked at the prophecy curiosity then reached out and grabbed it off the shelf.

White smoke flew out of the ball encircling us all, then it started to speak.

"When myth and magic meet, A child both British and Greek, With the power to rule an army, The parents both rotten and crazy, The savior or destroyer, Only one not both or the other"

As soon as the last word was uttered Dumbledore grabbed the shoulder Electra wasn't perched on and we floated back up and into his office.

"What was that?" I demanded.

"That" Dumbledore said calmly "was the prophecy about you and the witch listening to it is your mother"

I gaped at him "I'm sorry what"

"The prophecy was made 20 years before you were born so 25 years this year. You just watched your mother listen to it a little over 15 years ago."

"Wait, that crazy looking woman was my mom?"

"Yes," Dumbledore replied, amusement clear in his eyes.

"And that prophecy was about me?"

"It appears so"

Thoughts swirled through my head giving me a bit of a headache. It made since, the prophecy was the reason my father sent me back here. I need an army and he needs to make sure I'm the savior not the destroyer. I want to argue and say it's not about me but the label had my name on it and I don't know who else it could be.

Finally I looked back at Dumbledore, "tell me about my mother"

written May 7 2021
published July 15 2021