Chapter Fifty

Smoothing her hands over her dress, she took in a breath to comfort herself. The plan had been terrible and she didn't like it and she'd rather know what was happening than be left in the dark.

She was wearing a blue summer dress that made it look like she was ready to go to Church whilst simultaneously going to graduation. It was a light blue (one that would match light sky blue paint) and it had pink and white flowers all over it. The top was a square neck with two rectangular thick cami straps and whilst it was tight and fitted around the bodice the skirt flared out from the waist in a pleated fashion ending just below her knees. It had been paired with her usual nude heels and a white cardigan.

Her hair had been pulled back in a half up and half down style, she had golden dangly earrings which had small pearls on the end, and she was wearing the necklace that Derek had bought for her birthday. She couldn't remember the last time she'd gotten so dressed up. Although granted, the whole ordeal of getting the outfit had been a strange one.

"And he won't tell me what we're doing. He just said 'we go out' like what does that mean? Does that mean dinner? Movie? Walk? Something else? Because each of them all has their own dress code and I don't want to be looking an idiot you know?" She trailed off, she was sat in the Sheriff's station with her father and he was sat on the opposite side of the desk not understanding anything.

"I think it means you just go out," he admitted.

"I know that, but I need to know where we go out," she pointed out and he nodded again deciding it would be better if he just agreed with her rather than trying to correct her. Hearing a knock on the door, they both turned around as Stiles walked in (the knock had told them both that something was definitely wrong since he never knocked).

"Derek told Scott to tell me to give you this," he droned his eyes narrowed out of irritation and Margo narrowed her eyes in suspicion as he dropped the bag on the desk and both Margo and Noah stood up and peered into the bag. The said girl then frowned before she looked up to meet her father's eyes.

"You don't think he's taking me to a church do you?" She asked, "I only wore this for a christening," she admitted and he shrugged.

"What are you doing anyway?" Stiles asked and Noah immediately slashed his hand across his own neck as a sign to tell Stiles to stop there but Margo had already started as she whirled around to look at her brother.

"Well, let me tell you..."

Flicking her head so that her hair fell from her shoulder, she clasped her hands in front of her just as she rounded the corner and spotted Derek. He was leaning against his car checking something on his phone. The way he was dressed told her she wasn't going to like what was going to happen next - he'd traded in his usual jeans and t-shirt for a suit with no tie and the sleeves were rolled up and the top two buttons were undone. He looked so casual and yet so posh. He must have been the most relaxed gentlemen she'd ever seen.

As she got close enough, he looked up and immediately put his phone away and a smile formed on his face. It reminded him of Italy and how he felt so speechless when he should have been filled with beautiful words. Unconsciously, as if his own smile was a command a smile formed on her own face and he couldn't help but think it had been the most amazing smile he'd seen in a long time.

He pulled open his car door and reached inside and her brows furrowed just as she got to him and as he turned around he revealed a bouquet of flowers. Her smile brightened as his eyes filled with his own self-satisfaction. He seemed like a child proud of themselves because they'd bought their parent a present.