Chapter Thirty-Eight

Rubbing at her forehead, she closed her eyes in an effort to ignore the headache which was forming in her mind. She'd gotten back from visiting Isaac about an hour ago, he'd technically died and had been brought back as he got electrocuted. It had gone past the point of the forty-eight-hour mark and they had yet to find Stiles.

Instead, she was left sitting at the table with her phone in front of her ready to answer anything which needed to be answered.

Hearing the door to the loft opening, she glanced up to see Derek walking in and he immediately pressed his hands to his ears. "What is it?" She asked as he looked around before heading towards a crook in the corner. He pulled out a garden light looking object and pressed a button. Even her own headache seemed to disappear as he did it and everything fell into peace.

Frowning, she pushed herself up and walked over to him to have a look at what it was. "Did you put this here?" He asked, and for a moment she looked at him as if he was stupid. He nodded already knowing what she was saying, "yeah, this is definitely Argents."

"Well....what is it?" She asked again, repeating her question.

"It's an emitter. It's used to hunt and trap werewolves."

"What like a cat noise maker?" She asked, and he raised his brow as he glanced over at her.

"Yeah, I guess..."

"Huh..."

Knocking on the door of Argent's apartment, she glanced down at the emitter in her hand before back to the door. It was such a weird contraption and she couldn't help but think was the hunters treating the werewolves like cats. That was a thought, she kind of really wanted a Birman cat.

Hearing footsteps coming from behind her, she looked back and raised her brow as Argent walked towards her. "Margo?" He asked, and she pressed her lips together with a sigh before holding up the emitter.

"I was hoping you still went by the code and if you were trying to kill Derek then I wouldn't be included in that vendetta," she admitted, as she waved it slightly. His brows furrowed as he unlocked his door taking the item from her to inspect it and make sure it was his own.

"Where did you get this?"

"The loft."

"What's it doing in the loft?"

"Why does everyone think I know the answer to that question?" She asked in a low whisper just as a crash came from within the apartment and both of them flicked their heads to look at it, "what was that?"

"I don't know."

As they headed into the apartment, they both took careful steps and Margo stuck close behind Chris just in case there was a potential threat within the building. She could feel her heart tightening and she clutched at the sleeve of her denim jacket and pulled it over her hand in an effort to distract herself.

Making it into the office Chris brought his gun out and looked around. Another emitter had been forced into the wood of the table and was sat upright. He stepped in and Margo stepped in after him whilst Chris was flicking his head around each door. "Lose something?" A familiar voice sounded.

Chris whirled around but Derek knocked the gun from his hand and grabbed onto his neck with his claws but Chris was equally as smart and pulled out another gun from his jeans and pointed it to Derek's head. Margo glanced between them waiting to see who was going to make the next move. "Why are you breaking into my apartment?" Argent asked.