Chapter Forty-Five

Stepping into the kitchen, his gaze immediately fell on Margo who was sat at the kitchen island with a coffee in her hand. It was blatantly obvious that she was still recovering from her mental turmoil that had exploded the previous night. Her face was blotchy with a few small smudges of mascara beneath her eyes. Her hair was thrown into a messy pony bun and she was wearing a pair of leggings and one of Derek's t-shirts.

In front of her sat a letter which had already been opened and read. "How are you feeling?" He asked, as he got close enough and she closed her eyes momentarily as she thought about whether she should answer or not.

"My book's being published," she deflected, bringing the coffee to her lips to take a sip. The bitter liquid burnt her tongue but she didn't care that much, it was just another sensation that felt numb to her. Perhaps it hadn't burnt her at all and it was just a reaction in her head.

He immediately frowned and looked over at her confused and ever so slightly startled, "what?"

"Yeah, I sent it off a couple of weeks ago," she admitted, "I've been writing it since the kanima," she added on and he raised his brow.

"You didn't tell me."

"It didn't feel too important. I'd actually forgotten I'd even sent it off actually," she admitted, and he hummed before pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

"You know, I need to go to the school to deal with some pack stuff. Do you want to come with me?" He asked, and she glanced up at him confused. It wasn't often that he'd ever invite her along for anything involving the supernatural, instead, it seemed to be a mission of keeping her out of it.

"Why at the school?"

A smirk formed on his lips, "you'll see."

Liam walked into the locker room to grab onto his lacrosse stick but as he reached out for it he was forced to stop. There was no longer a lacrosse stick there. Frowning, he looked around not understanding, "what the hell? Where's my stick?"

"Is this yours?" At the voice, he whirled around to see Derek who stepped out of the shadows with a lacrosse stick in hand and a smirk on his face. Margo was there too although she was watching and waiting to see what was happening. He hadn't explained much on the way over there and instead she was simply guessing as to what was going to happen next.

Derek's ego also seemed to be radiating from him.

Liam's body was tense and he began to lowly growl in warning; Derek snapped the stick in half. Liam roared and leapt forward but Derek grabbed onto his shirt and pinned him against the lockers. Margo flinched, "Liam," Scott's voice rung out, and Margo rolled her eyes realising what was happening.

Stepping forward, she scoffed slapping Derek's arms away as Liam calmed down and looked over to Scott annoyed, "what are you doing? You're going to stretch the fabric," she pointed out and he looked at her blankly before releasing Liam and allowing him to fall to his feet, "honestly you lot never have any respect for other people's things."

"You're right," Derek mused, ignoring her words and turning to focus on Scott, "he is angry."

"You did just break something which belongs to him," Margo added on.

"This one's yours," Scott assured throwing another lacrosse stick to the said boy and Liam looked at it to check over for any damage. Scott offered a smile before nodding, "Get to class, Liam," he ordered and Liam looked between them all before leaving and doing as told.

Derek began smiling whilst Margo was trying to work out what it all meant as a collective. Did that mean there was a new person in the pack? She assumed so, but where had they come from and why had no one told her beforehand. "What are you looking like that for?"