Chapter Nine

Stirring the food around her plate, she pursed her lips out of annoyance. She'd made too much firecracker tofu so she was still eating the left-overs and once more she was reminded how much she hated spicy food. Margo was sat opposite Noah who had a collection of papers filed around the desk and an empty plate of the same meal she was eating. She even paired it with a glass of wine because right now alcohol was what she needed, but it would be a few days of her continuing to mope and cry before she even thought about going to a club or the bar.

Stiles headed into the kitchen with a slight dance and he reached into the fridge pulling out a carton of milk and drinking straight from it. Margo upon seeing it cringed out of disgust, "ugh, Stiles...I just bought that," she said and he looked over to her with a shrug before he saw what Noah was doing.

"Whatcha doing?" He asked and Noah answered without even looking up at his son.

"Work."

"Anything I can help with?" Stiles offered, and Margo raised her brow as she looked at him. He was always getting into the business of the law and it came to a surprise to her that he hadn't thought about going into law enforcement himself. It just felt right for him. She also knew how smart he was as well. Academically she wasn't always the brightest, but when it came to English, History, Religious education and philosophy she was grande. She'd worked out humanities were just her subjects.

"You know, if you poured me an ounce of whiskey, that would be awfully nice," Noah admitted and Stiles grabbed a cup and a bottle before returning into the dining area and taking a seat.

"Any leads?" Stiles asked.

"You know I can't discuss that with you." Stiles began to pour the drink and Margo instinctively reached out for her own drink taking a sip. She'd have to get a glass of water if she was going to finish all the spicy food. She knew she was supposed to be drinking milk but after watching Stiles drink from the carton she didn't want to. "Not too much."

Stiles looked at his father suspiciously before he began to pour it to the brim. Margo raised her brow as she looked at him inquisitively but she didn't comment on it. She wanted to know what he was up to first. Feeling her gaze, Stiles looked over to her in a warning and she tilted her head to the slightest degree. They both had a silent sibling agreement to not comment on it.

"Okay. There you go, Dad."

"Thanks!"

"Bottoms up."

They both watched as their dad drank the full glass not even stopping to question why it was seemingly endless for an ounce. She wanted to wince at the fear he was going to go into a relapse but she knew that this was going to be a one-off occasion. Stiles, whilst being annoying, wasn't evil.

"You know, Derek Hale would be a whole hale of a lot-" her heart froze over at the reminder of the name. She'd been eating spicy food and making herself miserable to forget him not to remember. "Hale of a lot...?"

"Hell of a lot?" Margo cut in, wanting the repetition of his name to be over.

"Hell... Yes... He would be a hell of a lot easier to catch if we could get an actual picture of him."

Both siblings frowned at that. They were more than aware of how procedures worked at the Sheriff's station and they knew that photo's of him was going to be the first thing they required. "How do you not have a picture of him?" Stiles asked.

"It's the weirdest thing... It's like every time we tried to get a mug shot, it's like two laser-beams were pointing at the camera," Noah said showing Stiles the report with the pictures stuck on.