Chapter Fourteen

Yawning, Margo looked over at the document filled with words in front of her trying to find some form of energy to write the next paragraph. She could see faint markings of red lines, blue lines, green lines, under the majority of her words but she thought she'd edit later when she actually had the energy to do so. Every few minutes her mind would shut off and she'd be working in cruise control, but then she'd see a mistake so drastically bad that it would make her stop and do it all again. It was pitiful.

Sighing, she was distracted by her phone ringing and she reached out for it picking up the device and pressing it to her ear. "Hello?" She asked another yawn leaving her lips.

"Hey Margo, can you pick me up from the school? I need to get to the ice rink and Stiles is heading towards the opposite side of town," Scott's voice said and she hummed.

"Is this to do with the supernatural?" She asked fatigued.

"Yeah."

"Mhm, okay," she muttered hanging up the call before pushing herself up to her feet. A small wave of dizziness hit her but she ignored it as she grabbed onto different clothes to get dressed.

She settled for a pair of leggings, her converse, and a white jumper which had an embroidered bee in the middle of it. She threw her hair up into a messy ponytail not wanting to have to bother with it too much or worry about it and in doing so if it was messy it looked like it was supposed to be that way. With that, she went to get Scott.

"So, we need to stop Boyd from getting the bite...before he gets the bite," she trailed off trying to keep up with the focus and the conversation that they were having and he nodded.

"Yes. Exactly."

"Are these people consenting to be bitten?" She asked as she turned her indicator on as she noticed they were nearing the corner. He looked at her horrified at her question.

"It doesn't matter. They're stupid," she frowned at the accusation, "they don't know any better. They don't know what it's like to be hunted and to live in fear and not be able to do what they want," he said as she pulled into a parking position at the skating rink.

Before he could get out of the car, she reached out grabbing onto his arm, "Scott," she began, "are you saying this because you're genuinely worried for their wellbeing or because you're angry that you didn't get the choice Derek is offering them and you can't be with your girlfriend? Because I feel the need to point out, you taking the choice away from them because you didn't get one isn't right."

"You don't understand," he groaned out climbing out of the car and she sighed relaxing in the seat for a second.

According to everyone, she didn't understand a lot of things.

Walking through the halls, it didn't take them long to get to the rink and when they did their eyes immediately settled on Boyd who was in the Zamboni driving around and doing his job. He didn't even glance at them. Scott didn't waste any time on stepping onto the ice to get to him, but Margo froze for a second as she looked down at it. This looked dangerous.

Hesitantly stepping on she walked much slower than she usually did in order to prevent herself from falling, "Boyd I just want to talk," Scott urged, but Boyd didn't listen to him, "Hey, come on. Boyd, please." Boyd finally stopped turning his head to look at him with a sigh. "Did Derek tell you everything? And I don't just mean going out of control on the full moons-- I mean everything."

"He told me about the hunters," Boyd droned with a shrug.

"And that's not enough for you to say no? Whatever you want, there are other ways to get it."