Chapter Twenty

Bringing the fork closer to her lips, a grimace fell upon her lips at the slight pain which echoed through her shoulders. It had been a week. Whilst she'd been discharged from the hospital (earlier that day) that didn't mean she could do anything and for the entire day she'd had Stiles and Noah running around after her much to her complaint. Although, Noah had to go back to work since with the Kanima, the people who shot her, and many other things he had his plate full.

On the plus side, her ankle felt healed enough.

"So, Matt who was the master to the kanima is dead. He drowned," Stiles finalised. He'd been catching her up on everything that happened which involved the party where Lydia poisoned everyone, Derek going MIA for a day or two, everyone handling the supernatural realm and Matt dying.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"You were the one who was shot. I should be asking you that..." he reminded and she knew it was just a ploy to avoid talking about himself. Sighing, she shifted her weight although that brought on another grimace at the pain which pulsed through her shoulders. It wasn't comfortable nor was it ignorable. It hurt. It hurt a lot.

"Well I know you're doing terrible," she said, and he frowned looking up at her confused, "this food is terrible. Have you been eating this all week? This is worse than the hospital food," she joked pointing the fork with a bit of chicken on the end to it out to Stiles. Like the sun had poked out from beneath the clouds, all the tension which sat on his shoulders left as he looked to his sister in disbelief.

"I made that."

"Well, it tastes like cardboard. We should leave the cooking to me from now on. I'm also going to have to teach you. Go off to college eating this garbage and you'll end up poisoned," she added on waving the fork around as she did.

"Well I think it's great," he countered as he stabbed his own fork into the food and took a bite but he immediately began to grimace through his chewing. She watched him with a crinkled smile on her face trying to hide her own amusement. After a few seconds, he gave up his facade and spat the food out onto the plate. She released another grimace but this time out of amusement. "Chinese?" He asked.

"Yeah," she confirmed. He pushed himself up picking up the plates as he did to take into the kitchen, "ooh, can you get me some wine whilst you're up."

"I'm not your indentured servant," he scoffed.

"Yes, you are," she called out her voice ringing with light and humour and despite his wit, he brought it regardless as he left to get the food.

Her heart was lingering on Derek. Some part of her wanted to see him. She'd seen him twice whilst in the hospital and now that she was out, now that she wasn't stuck to a bed she wanted to see him. He was so close to returning home. So close to becoming the man she knew and yet now they were physically far apart. It was like they couldn't be close at all. They either had to be mentally in a different universe or physically.

That was why she was walking to Derek's place even though she hated it with a passion. Not only was it in an unfavourable area where a murderer could jump out at you at any moment but it was also freezing. There was no reason for it to be so cold and she understood that as a werewolf he was probably more protected from the weather but that didn't mean it was good to live in such a cold place.

"Margo," a voice called out and she frowned not recognising the voice. Turning around to look at the man, she found him vaguely familiar but she couldn't put her finger on it. "Well, you've not changed since you were a child, have you?"

She hesitated; looking around to see if they were in a crowded area or not. They weren't. There wasn't a single person around. "Sorry, do I...do I know you?" She asked.