The Energy

This chapter begins with a time skip. MC is now 12 years old. Enjoy the chapter!

Daiko's POV

It's been 7 years since I landed on earth and was taken in by mom and dad. I'm now twelve years old. 

My appearance hasn't changed much; I grew a little taller, but that's about it. I've also gained quite a bit of muscle, and I have a slim, muscular build, not unlike that of a runner or swimmer. Ever since arriving here, I've been training. I even made a gravity chamber, to help increase my speed and strength. I knew I would have to be strong to survive this universe, as there are heroes and villains with crazy OP abilities. I cannot be weak. 

When mother and father first found me, they knew I wasn't normal. They were proven correct as I was much stronger and faster than any normal child my age. I can also fly, use instant transmission (after some practice), and utilize my chi to form energy blasts and level up to new Saiyan forms. My parents saw my vast strength, and signed me up for martial arts to teach me control. At first, I only practiced in the dojo and in the yard, but eventually, I started competing. 

My dojo sensei, Master Roshi (yes, the one from DBZ's original universe, who knew he existed in this universe?!) began training me personally, and I quickly became his prized pupil. Ever since I started going to the competitions, I've never lost. I am now the top martial artist in the state of Virginia, though I don't compete out of state, as I feel I am garnering too much attention as it is. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with the paparazzi too much because of where I live. My family lives on a farm in Virginia, way out in the country. We have a fairly large property, with a barn, horse stables, and a two story house, and aside from mom and dad's limited family and friends and Master Roshi, no one knows we're here. But more importantly, no one knows I'm a Saiyan. 

I doubt any normal people would know about my race, but I'm sure at the very least the Green Lanterns and earth's aliens know about the strongest warrior race in the known universe. Or, the previous strongest anyway. Only my family and Master Roshi know I'm a Saiyan, and I want it to stay that way. I fully intend to help keep this planet safe, but I decided I wouldn't get involved with the League quite yet. 

I have a family now. A wonderful mother and father, fun aunts, uncles, and cousins, and an awesome old man who trains me. I like how things are going right now, and I don't want to put my loved ones in danger by getting involved with superhero's. 

My entire family have brown hair and blue eyes, making me stick out like a sore thumb in comparison, with my red eyes and black hair with red bangs. That doesn't even include my furry red tail! Though, I've started wrapping my tail around my waist when out in public. I worked myself to the point my tail isn't a glaring weakness anymore, in fact, it's just like any other limb. That doesn't make me any more comfortable showing it off though, so it stays wrapped around my waist, tucked underneath my shirt. 

Everyday, I go through an intense training routine, meant to make me strong enough to protect myself and my family. Now, at my tender age of 12, I can already get up to Super Saiyan 3! 

Most days, I sleep until 7 before mom threatens to drag me out of bed. I've slept a lot ever since I first landed on earth, I think it is probably a Saiyan thing. Once I come downstairs, mom usually has a whole feast prepared for breakfast. As a Saiyan, I need to keep my energy up, which means I eat. A lot. After breakfast, I do the chores; this usually involves cleaning the barn, feeding the animals, maintaining the fields, stuff like that. These chores would take regular people about the course of a whole day to do. For me, it only takes up a couple hours. After that, I eat lunch, train till dinner, hang out with my family, and repeat. Aside from the occasional martial arts tournament, my life is pretty routine, and I like it. 

I can feel my Saiyan blood pumping for battle, but I love my new life, and I don't want to risk losing it, so I won't go seeking for trouble. Who knows, maybe I can live my new life out in peace with my family?

...

I should've known something like that was too good to last.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

??? POV

In a dark, circular room, a platform is surrounded by seven projection screens. On the screens are seven blurry, distorted figures, their appearances unknown. 

They talk amongst themselves quietly

"It would be prudent to gather more information before acting on a simple energy signature. We still don't understand the entity giving off the surge." A feminine voice speaks up, before a high pitched, whiny voice complains. "Aww, that's BORING! Whatever this thing is, it's powerful. I want it! I want it, I want it, I WANT IT!!"

A smooth, male voice interrupts the tantrum. "Perhaps," he drawls, "we should send someone to investigate the energy signature, and if it is something that can be utilized, we obtain it."

At the murmured agreement of the rest of the obscured figures, the man continues. "Very well," he says a bit amusedly, "I will send someone to investigate the energy. Until then."

As the screens flicker off, the man remains for a moment longer, wearing a victorious smirk. 

"It is time for this energy...to see the light."

The screen turns black.

Hey! I know the chapter was short, but don't worry, they WILL get longer, I PROMISE! 

So what do you think of The Light? They detected an energy surge, could it be our OC? And if THEY detected him, what about the League? Guess we'll find out. 

Hope y'all liked the chapter! See ya soon!

                                                                                                Writer-san.