Don't Mess with Mama Bear

Next chapter is up! Enjoy!

P.S. No offense intended in this chapter. Daiko's mom is the alpha female, she's not intended to look evil or violent or anything, just a very dominating wife. Lol. No offense guys.

Delilah's POV (Daiko's mother)

Pulling off my oven mitts, I head to the door. My husband, Soren, follows a step behind as we head out to call in Daiko and his new friends for dinner. 

And I do mean new friends. They may not technically know Daiko yet, but my son has a way of worming into your heart. 

They may not be friends yet, but they will be. 

Now standing outside and with a clear view of my son and the heroes, I see why my husband was so amused. 

The heroes, now recovered from the force of the barrier breaking, have not yet regained face from witnessing the unstoppable force that is my son. None of them have taken their eyes off Daiko, not even to acknowledge my and Soren's presence. They all seem content to stare at Daiko as if, with enough time, they may be able to understand what they just witnessed. 

...I can see what my husband meant. The Flash has probably swallowed quite a few bugs with his mouth open like that.

And my son is, of course, completely oblivious to the attention he is garnering from the heroes. No. He is far more focused on watching me with those wide, excited eyes, waiting to hear some of his favorite words. 

Resigned, but fond, I say what he is anxiously waiting to hear. 

"Dinner is ready, sweetie."

That's all it takes. As if he didn't just defeat a clone of Superman, stun a good chunk of the Justice League and their protégés, and completely ignore said heroes gawping at him, he perks up like an overenthusiastic puppy and blurs into the air, heading for the door. 

Not a chance. 

Whipping a hand out, Daiko skids to a stop in a panic, stopping just before my arm and directing his sad puppy eyes at me. 

I narrow my eyes in response. 

"None of that, Daiko. I've taught you better; what do we do before we have dinner after a fight?"

My son pouts sulkily at me, but still replies obediently. 

"Always clean up after I'm done. But moooom-"

"No butts, young man. We have guests and I will not have my son disheveled in front of company at the dinner table."

Aaaaand here come the water works. Lord knows my son is adorable, and I love him very much, but as a mother, I cannot give in to his whining. My husband is utterly wrapped around Daiko's finger; someone needs to be the man of the house. 

(And as much as I love Soren, we both know who the boss is. He lost that title when he let Daiko eat ten tubs of ice cream. I was only gone for five minutes!)

There Daiko goes now, looking at his father with those kicked puppy eyes. I can literally see him cracking. 

He's going.... he's going....

"Honey, maybe just this once..."

And he's gone. 

Daiko may have power over his father, but I'm Soren's wife. I own him.

All it takes is one look from me, and my husband's face goes stoic again. 

"Listen to your mother, Daiko."

A Saiyan in Young JusticeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara