3| Weirdest Dream

I had the weirdest dream...

I woke up still unbelieving but slightly relishing in it. Ryan and I were standing hand in hand by the beach at our wedding ceremony with majestic sunset and picturesque pistons serving as the background. We hugged and It as all sweaty and wet down there. Just like we were halted from going any further by the zooming in of preying eyes, I snapped back to reality.

I wanted him so bad. How can I want someone I barely knew. I wished that it was real. But a part of me wanted to kick the fantasy to the curb fast. Building these images would probably make me act awkward in front of him. Something I tended to do a lot whenever I had a crush on someone.

One time after building all these momentous moments in my dreams, my awkwardness warranted my flying away to the next direction whenever I saw my then crush. Another time, I was perspiring so badly from talking to him that he even thought I was sick. And ooh, the hours used to do background check on these crushes could even complete a PhD thesis. In summary, my crushes are scary. I mean real obsession galore! But with Ryan, I had made up my mind to be adulting the whole thing. No stalking, no daydreaming.... Nada.

Alarm rung, and I pressed the snooze button with force. Perhaps an extra sleep would reveal how our kids would look like. Gee... Had to get ready. Somehow, I managed to roll myself off the bed and picked my phone to check notifications. He actually called. Damn! This guy is bad in all the good ways.

Should I call back or send a text? I started freaking out. I quickly sent a text message to my bestie telling her about the latest development. Hailey is a master of all boy girl relationship, the the- go- to- relationship- guru. The truth is that I hardly dated and my prude self so scared of my so called obsession had always been keeping members of the opposite sex at arms length. Then again, I am adulting this!

"Call him back," she replied. But as a typically Gen z babe, I would 100% preferred texting over calling.
Then I began wondering, should I use my never used sexy voice or my normal voice? Damn, this dating game is hard and I have barely started. Does he even feel the same way about me.

"Hello Ryan, I saw your missed call."

"Hi dearie, I miss you already. I was checking on you. I hope to see you at school today."

That wasn't scary after all. With new excitement cruising up and down my body, I did my 10 minute tidy routine, brushed my teeth, put on a cute outfit, then took a quick glance at Marilyn Monroe picture hanging on the wall. Whenever I looked at it, I remembered that iconic moment in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes where Marilyn Monroe said, "Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help?"

 Whenever I looked at it, I remembered that iconic moment in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes where Marilyn Monroe said, "Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodnes...

I have watched the movie about a thousand times and it still neither got old nor boring. Marilyn has somewhat uped my fashion game from the moment I saw her in that pink gown. There was something I loved about dressing up- seeing the reflection in the mirror and saying, "wow!"

My mum hugged me, then run her hands through my mane of hair before I could have possibly made my unnoticed exit. The rich smell of strawberry tea bags and fatty strawberry being cooked hit my nostrils. Despite the growling of my starved stomach, I opted to skip breakfast as I wanted to get to school early to see my potential lover ( just like what Taylor swift sang about). I came up with a somewhat believable excuse as to my getting to school early, which my mother bought. However, my brother's spidy senses were up. "What is Sis doing that is so important?" I am pretty sure that was what was ruminating in his mind, or better still he had a prank that would be turned to dust by my absence. This prank king pranks knew no boundaries. Once, while we were in the car, he placed two mentors into my cola drink causing it to bubble over and splatter the whole car seat.

Mum was so angry with him for what he did, that he was suspended from playing video games for two whole months. She does not play with the neatness of her car. One place that is certainly a no prank area is Mum's car. Since they were not yet ready, I was going to take lead using my two wheels drive aka walking. If dad was around, he would have insisted on dropping me off no matter what clever excuse I gave. Well, forever a daddy's little girl.

I headed west on the white bullet road, passing the harmony mall which serves as the social centre/ market square/ night club base/excetera. 2 years ago, the mall was not around, rather it was an ancient building. This city had indeed undergone a whole Frankenstein-style makeover over the years. Old buildings were pulled down and huge magnificent ones sprouted in place like idealistic dreams coming to fruition in a world of rising fortune.

Up the road was the "Fancy Gray" restaurant that had remained unchanged in the mist of gentrification. Loads of birthday, graduation, surprise, costume and dinner parties had been celebrated there.

Still not a fun of short trips, so I always tried to make the one to school fun by fully/ half listening to my favorite podcasts. Nonetheless, those occasional walks to and fro school were full with so many encounters. The numerous friends I had made on the way was enough to fill the louvre (like how Jay and bey rented out the whole museum and filled it with their phalanx of dancers ). I did enjoy the anonymity initially, but the new found popularity wasn't so bad.

A lane of trees soon morphed into a school building where cupid was going to start its limited edition express work.

Vote and Comment!