Chapter Thirty Four

Začít od začátku

I walked into the living room, sighing as I sat down.

"That could've gone better." Sophia said, leaning into her seat. I sighed again, rubbing my eyes

"You did good." she said, patting my arm. I shrugged, "I feel like eating cake."

"Well, we'll do that later." she shrugged. I laughed, "Thanks Phia."

"We should probably head home, though, it's late."

I nodded, standing up. "Thank you, Zayn," I smiled, "For bringing him back."

"I'm sorry he's like this." he sighed. I hugged him, thanking him again before leaving.

As we rode to the dorm, I broke the silence with the thoughts that were eating me alive.

"He wasn't just drinking."

"I know."

*

"Delaney, wake up." Sophia called gently, patting my shoulder. I blinked, my eyes burning from the sunlight. I groaned obnoxiously, sitting up. "Yeah?"

Sophia snorted, pulling the blanket back, "Classes are in an hour."

I whined, "Just suffocate me." I set my pillow over my face, wrapping my arms around my head.

"I don't want to see him today." I muttered.

"If you want me to respond to whatever you just said, I'd take the pillow away from my face."

I pulled the pillow away, looking up at her. "I don't want to see him today."

"Tough luck, make him apologise." she ordered, pulling me up. I whined again, lying in the ground. "Kill me please."

"I'm about to if you don't get up." Sophia snapped. I looked up, wide eyed, standing up.

"Get dressed, you idiot, I don't have time for you shit today," she muttered, walking away, muttering under breathe.

I sighed, finding some pants and a t shirt, slipping a green flannel on. My hair was dry from my shower last night, but it was a little to wild to wear down and it still be presentable, so I just stuck it in a pony tail and slapped some mascara on.

"Phia, where's my deodorant?" I asked. She threw it, hitting my butt.

"Thanks." I gave her a thumbs up, applying it, running to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I made it back to the dorm, finding it empty. I grabbed my bag, running out of the door, seeing as how I was already late.

I jogged down the side walk, awkwardly holding my bag so it wouldn't flop around. I hate running, especially with a backpack.

I skidded to a halt at the entrance of the classroom, straightening myself out, opening the door.

"Ms. Irwin, lovely of you to join us." Mr. S teased. I smiled apologetically, "I'm sorry I'm late, sir, woke up late."

"Hopefully it won't happen anymore." He chuckled.

"No sir," I assured him, looking up at my seat, the spot next to it occupied by its owner, "It won't."

"Well good, you may have a seat. Be careful of the door, the screw to the stopper has-"

I let the door slam loudly, watching as he winced, his current headache possibly worse now.

"-fallen out." Seinfield finished. I gave him a meek smile, slowly walking to my seat, setting my bag down.

"As I was saying," Mr. S continued, but I wasn't able to concentrate.

The tension between us was almost suffocating. I saw in my peripheral vision, his shoulders were tense and his legs were fidgety. I kept my eyes ahead, riffing my face of emotion, going into a bitch mode that I've mastered over time.

I felt a piece of paper poked my arm. I cut my eyes, seeing my name on the top. I picked it up and read:

why aren't you answering my texts?

I glance at Niall, who was peaking over.

I scribbled a response, flinging it to him.

Don't want to

"Delaney, can we please talk about it?" he pleaded quietly.

"No."

"Delaney."

"Can I help you?"

He frowned, "Why are you-"

"-Acting like a bitch?" I sneered, glaring at him. He fell silent, memories from last night more than likely resurfacing.

"Delaney-"

"I'm not having this conversation during class." I cut him off. He then raised his hand, interrupting the lesson.

"Mr. Seinfield!" Niall called. Mr. S looked up, "Yes, Mr. Horan?"

"I'm feeling ill, can I be excused?" He asked in a meek voice. Mr. S squinted his eyes. "What's wrong?"

I heard Niall sigh under his breathe before speaking, "I'm feeling a bit faint-"

Just then, he collapsed, falling out of his chair. Everyone gasped, while I rolled my eyes.

"Set him up." Seinfield ordered, walking over. I crouched down nevertheless, helping him set up. He blinked, in a daze. "What happened?"

"You... fainted," Mr. S concluded, "I think it's best if you go on home. Mr. Rodgers, take Niall home."

Niall shook his head a bit frantically, "I-I'd feel much safer if Delaney went instead."

"Of course you would, but you'd also like to ditch this class with her," My jaw dropped, cheeks instantly burning red, "but since I believe that you are ill, I'll let Mr. Rodgers take you back to your room and let you rest."

Niall groaned a bit, nodding.

"Yes sir."

"Good, feel better soon." Mr. S waved, walking to the front. Niall shot me a look before he left, leaving me to just sigh and lay my head down.

*

hi guys.

sorry I'm so shitty and stuff, here's a shitty chapter

i wish I didn't have such a writers block, I would've made it better. but now its gone, I think, and the next chapter will be good

love you lots

Steph xx