Chapter Thirty Four

Previously on Glee:

"I just hope I don't fuck it up for the both of us." I mumbled. Just then, I heard my phone ringing. I look over, seeing Niall's name flashing on the screen.

"Well, now's your chance to fix it."

*

I watched the phone flash, the vibration like an earthquake on the table.

"Delaney, answer it." Sophia urged. I sighed, the ring on its last.

"Delaney!"

"Fine." I muttered, accepting the call.

"Niall?" I asked.

"No, it's Zayn." I heard Zayn's out of breath voice speak. I frowned, "Oh, hi Zayn. Why are you using Niall's phone?"

"Because your boyfriend is off his shit." he grumbled. A loud crash rang through the phone, Niall's distinct drunk accent prominent.

"What the hell did he do?" I groaned, putting a jacket back on. Sophia picked the keys up, motioning for me to follow her.

"He's been upset about what happened between you two, and so he solved the problem by draining an entire bottle of vodka and has been begging for you to see him since."

"Fucking hell," I muttered, getting inside the car, "Where are you guys?"

"Home, now. I pulled him to the car."

"I wish I didn't fucking eat that frozen pizza," Niall yelled suddenly, "I also wish I didn't have pants on."

I sighed, "I'm on my way."

"Delaney's coming, Niall." Zayn called. Niall's voice echoed through the speaker.

"I've made her do that before."

I groaned along with Zayn.

"Oh my god." I muttered, "Hit him before I do it." I muttered, ending the call.

"He's wasted." I informed her, climbing into the car.

"He took it hard." Sophia mumbled. I rolled my eyes, "Well, he's not the only one, but I didn't go and belligerently get drunk because I was so upset. Not all problems can be washed away with alcohol." I muttered, tears in my eyes.

"You never express your feelings," Sophia concluded, "You're quiet and reserved with them."

I frowned, "I don't make a habit of it, okay? I never got me anywhere when I was younger, so why waste my time?"

"It's not healthy, Delaney. It tears you up inside. Scream, cry, break something even, but don't be silent." Sophia pleaded.

I clenched my jaw, trying to clear my throat and calm down, but I choked, squeezing my eyes closed as tears began spilling down my cheeks and neck. I shook my head, wiping my eyes.

"I'm suppose to be mad, why am I crying?" I mumbled, sniffling. Sophia chuckled, "You're such an emotional person, Delaney, I don't think people really realise it."

We made it to the house, walking inside.

"Delaney, thank god you're here." Zayn sighed in relief. I frowned, "Where is he?"

"In his room, be careful. He's emotional and horny, so he told me." Zayn informed me. I groaned, walking up the stairs.

"Niall." I called, opening his door. He lifted his head up from his pillow, his face pale and eyes bloodshot.

"Delaney.." his voice slurred, a cold sweat glistening on his forehead. I walked toward him, sitting down. He sat in the same position, his arms shaking from holding himself up, a petrified look on his face.