None of them had noticed that outside a storm was starting to fall, the rain drops had started to fall over the house and the windows angrily and they only noticed as they reached the kitchen and a lightning flashed into the house and then a thunder roared over the skies and the water was free to roll down as fast as it could.

Lena turned to the closest window and as Ryan let go of Nicola and forced Lena to hold him in place, she wondered if with this storm and thunder someone would hear them screaming inside her house.

Maybe someone heard the gun shot”

Ryan pulled out one of the chairs of the kitchen island and returned to Nicola and Lena, he grabbed Nicola’s arm and with one shove he threw Nicola towards the chair, Nicola panted and sat over it, he leaned his left elbow over the kitchen island and covered his face, he was sweating and his hands were trembling so hard that he wondered how long it would take him to pass out.

How long will it take to bleed out?” he thought.

Ryan walked towards the drawer where he had placed his bag and found it on the floor where he had left it when Nicola had started to call on the door, he picked it up and pulled out silver duct tape and some rope, he turned to Lena, she was standing next to Nicola, who was still covering his face with his shaking hands.

“I would tell you to tie him up” started Ryan as he looked down at the rope and then at her, showing her the blue rope and silver tape in his hands, Nicola slowly looked up at the rope and tape and felt his heart failing him “But it’s obvious he isn’t going anywhere”

The joy in Ryan’s body was drained when the doorbell echoed in the house.

“Who the fuck is that?” barked Ryan as he turned to Lena, next to her, a smile appeared over Nicola’s face “Why are you smiling?”

“It’s Junior” explained Nicola, Lena and Ryan turned to look at him.

“What?” whispered Ryan, for the first time since this nightmare had started, Nicola saw Ryan look nervous.

“It’s Junior” explained Nicola again “I called him before coming, told him there might be trouble” it ached him to continue to talk but the horror in Ryan’s face was worth the last strings of energy he had in his body.

___________//____________

Junior parked his car behind Nicola’s, the rain was falling hard over his car and it made the street, engulfed in darkness, look even scarier. Junior took a deep breath and pulled the hoodie over his head before he pushed the door open and stepped out, the water rapidly drenched Junior, but he rapidly glanced around and headed towards the Severide porch, he could see the lights on but the curtains were down.

The stairs squeaked as he rapidly climbed them, Junior shivered when he reached the top of the porch and pushed his hood off before he rang the doorbell, it was chilly but he was sure that his wet sweater wouldn’t make things better, he pulled down the zipper as he heard voices inside the house, but still no one was answering the doorbell.

Junior rolled his eyes with anger and banged on the door with his fist as he called “Nicola, open the door I know you are there! I can see your car!”

The young man pushed his sweater off and threw it over his shoulder, he could still hear people talking inside the house and he couldn’t help it but feel the anger rise inside of him. Junior closed his hands in fists and banged the door three more times.

“Open the door Nicola, now!” there was still no answer “LENA!”

Junior heard someone walking, better say stumbling, towards the door, Junior frowned as the sound of those dragging feet sent chills down his spine; something was definitely happening inside that house.