-19-

"Wait what?"

"We pulled you out of Shiketsu." Her mother said, walking up to her and placing a hand on hers, Midoriya could only watch as he watched them converse. "I know you've never wanted to do this whole hero thing, and frankly it was unfair of us to do that to you. And we came to realize that after the Chisaki incident. We just want you to live your life the way you want to, and if you don't want to be a hero, you don't have to."

"Your mother and I agreed that if you want to go back to studying (favorite subject) you can." Her father said wrapping an arm around his wife. "That's.... that's what you want right?"

"I-.." (y/n) pursed her lips, "yeah..." she muttered, looking down at her hands in her lap.

"But (y/n)-chan-" Midoriya protested, but stopped when he saw the look on her face

"But (y/n)-chan-" Midoriya protested, but stopped when he saw the look on her face. She looked.... confused.

And confused she was. They were right. She never wanted to be a hero. She never had any intention for being a hero, ever. She remembered the disappointment she felt when she was told she had to go to UA. She remembered the constant feeling of being lost when ever she was training to be a hero.

That night where she fought with Bakugo, the wave of emotions she felt. The idea of being a hero. It was something she felt like she had to do in order to survive in this world.

Even before she had started the mission to save Eri, she told herself after her, she would quit. Eri was supposed to be the last one. The last one she saved. All this talk about provisional licenses, going to Shiketsu, sneaking around Chisaki's house, the interships.

They were all for Eri. But she was saved. (Y/n) had managed to save her. So now what?

Her mother was right.

She didn't want to be a hero.

That was what she believed. But why did it feel like she was forcing herself to believe that.

The memories of Shiketsu, UA, Eri, Kota. They all flooded her mind as any outside noise buzzed out. Was she really ready to give up all of that?

"Sweetie?" She was cut out of her thoughts by the sound of her mother's voice. "Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine." She mumbled.

"Okay that's good. I was started to get worried." Her mother said giving her a smile and planting a small kiss of her forehead. "Your father and I are going to get some food, we'll be back." She then turned to Midoriya, "Feel free to stay here, just look after our daughter please."

"Oh of course." Midoriya said, bowing to them as they left the room. "(Y/n)-chan?" He turned to the girl who just sighed, running a hand through her hair. "A-are... are you sure about this?"

(Y/n) just exhaled through her nose, "I don't know Midoriya. I don't know."

"Then!" He looked at her with a determined face, "then that must mean a part of you wants to be a hero!" Giving her a determined look. He couldn't accept it. Not after what happened, he couldn't accept the fact that the girl who had risked her life to save a little girl was just going to throw it all away.